NFL Fantasy Football 2008/09

Started by fntn, June 21, 2008, 03:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bombidal

good stuff, az, makes the game much better, was too easy for me last year. I am all about competition and this might mean I have some
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

AZOffaly

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 12, 2008, 03:11:15 PM
Got it done in the end.

I think the lockdown is OK as far as offensive players go because even if someone cries off the day before or the day of a game you have options on your bench to bring on but certainly I think most people only have the four basic defensive players so if one of them is ruled out over the weekend you're pretty much stuck with a man down.

GBB, Everyone is in the same boat there, and perhaps some people will adopt the strategy of carrying 'cover' on the Defensive side, as well as having 6 running backs and 10 receivers :D

BallyhaiseMan

Bombidal

did you win the competition outright last year???

Nah didnt think so

I also remember handing you your ass in our game last year  8)

You might have a shot this year son......

the Deel Rover

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 12, 2008, 03:29:39 PM
Bombidal

did you win the competition outright last
year???

Nah didnt think so

Thanks for bringing that up Bm if memory serves me right i think i am the defending champion  8) bombidal goes on about giving me a bit of a hammering in the League but come the playoffs you did him good, i was looking forward to reading Az 's year end report about bombidals collapse  but i don't think he got around to doing them, anyway lets hope that bombidal doesn't peak too early again this year ;) :D he has got to remember this game is about inches not yards ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

15 minutes left for Free Agent or Waiver wire moves.

You will be able to change your team around, and propse trades etc.

We'll see how it goes sure.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 12, 2008, 03:14:55 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 12, 2008, 03:11:15 PM
Got it done in the end.

I think the lockdown is OK as far as offensive players go because even if someone cries off the day before or the day of a game you have options on your bench to bring on but certainly I think most people only have the four basic defensive players so if one of them is ruled out over the weekend you're pretty much stuck with a man down.

GBB, Everyone is in the same boat there, and perhaps some people will adopt the strategy of carrying 'cover' on the Defensive side, as well as having 6 running backs and 10 receivers :D

Oh yeah I understand that but for everyone that can't get to a computer on a Sunday night or Monday morning there's someone else who can't get to one on a Tuesday afternoon. If you can't get to a computer until Tuesday evening you're pretty much snookered as they'll be a rash of wheeling and dealing done that afternoon. Now I wasn't in the league last year but leaving it open the whole time seemed fair enough to me as at least everyone knew the score. An arbitery closing and opening time means if work or business calls you are probably going to miss out. However that's only my own view and I'll go with the flow.

I've had so many injuries already maybe I'm just grumpy sod today. ;D

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 12, 2008, 03:44:40 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 12, 2008, 03:29:39 PM
Bombidal

did you win the competition outright last
year???

Nah didnt think so

Thanks for bringing that up Bm if memory serves me right i think i am the defending champion  8) bombidal goes on about giving me a bit of a hammering in the League but come the playoffs you did him good, i was looking forward to reading Az 's year end report about bombidals collapse  but i don't think he got around to doing them, anyway lets hope that bombidal doesn't peak too early again this year ;) :D he has got to remember this game is about inches not yards ;)

It wasnt the play offs i tanked him in, TDR, but it was still alot of fun.
Poor Bombidal will never learn about shouting his mouth off!!  :D

the Deel Rover

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 12, 2008, 03:52:25 PM
Poor Bombidal will never learn about shouting his mouth off!!  :D

Ah bombidal he is a bit like the dubs of the fantasy football in that he talks a great game of football ,his team   plays beautifull football all the way till the knockout stages and then collapses , don't you  ;) :D  he probably has a book written "bombidals book" which he reads during the fantasy league season, i can just see him looking in the mirror saying to the mirror "you are the best bar none "  :)

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

declan85

Hadnt been on here in a few days so missed this talk of 'lockdown'...
Just got my injured DB out in time...

AZOffaly

We're now locked I think. Can somebody try and make sure?

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

DrinknHarp

AZ,

Can you not do a waiver request system?

Have the team in last place have opportunity to grab a player first up to first place team getting last selection.
Have the waiver system in place all day Tuesday then on Wednesday open up pickups to the league as a first come first serve.

Seems it would be a fair system to aid lads who are behind due to injuries/bad draft

AZOffaly

Waivers are there, but they only apply to lads 'dropped' by other teams. All others are free agents. I can't do anything about that.

If a lad is on 'waivers' then your waiver position determines who gets him if two or more teams want him. Your waiver position is beside your team name on the League home (standings) page.

mc_grens

Can we not unlock on Monday. Most games will be done.

I have no work access so I wont be able to get access to the Free Agent pool/ waivers til Tuesday night at this rate!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mc_grens on September 12, 2008, 07:29:15 PM
Can we not unlock on Monday. Most games will be done.

I have no work access so I wont be able to get access to the Free Agent pool/ waivers til Tuesday night at this rate!

That is one possible problem I noticed. Great for lads who work in front of a computer with internet access all day. Not so great if you dont.