Eagles vs Giants                    Giants by 7
Chargers vs Steelers              Steelers by 7

Rossie :

Titans by 3

Panthers by 16 sorry 

Eagles by 4

Steelers by 7

the Deel Rover

Who do ye want to win the superbowl . I 'd like to see Philli do it even tough i think the giants will take them . I know Az wants the Cardinals what about the rest of Ye
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Cardinals haven't a hope of winning the superbowl this year. this has been a good step forward, but until the Cards can run the ball more, and bring a serious defense to the table, they won't win. At the moment the Defense is hit or miss, and when they miss they give up huge plays.

As I see it at the moment, the Steelers are my favourites to take the Superbowl, probably over the Giants in the final, although there are good teams left.

What most of those teams with a hope have in common is

Good defence
Solid Run Game
A QB who doesn't make the big time errors, and who can get scores with < 2 minutes on the clock in either half

I'd rank the teams left as follows.

1) Steelers
2) Ravens
3) Giants
4) Titans
5) Panthers
6) Eagles
7) Chargers
8) Cardinals.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 09, 2009, 05:00:02 PM
Cardinals haven't a hope of winning the superbowl this year. this has been a good step forward, but until the Cards can run the ball more, and bring a serious defense to the table, they won't win. At the moment the Defense is hit or miss, and when they miss they give up huge plays.

As I see it at the moment, the Steelers are my favourites to take the Superbowl, probably over the Giants in the final, although there are good teams left.

What most of those teams with a hope have in common is

Good defence
Solid Run Game
A QB who doesn't make the big time errors, and who can get scores with < 2 minutes on the clock in either half

I'd rank the teams left as follows.

1) Steelers
2) Ravens
3) Giants
4) Titans
5) Panthers
6) Eagles
7) Chargers
8) Cardinals.

I know the Cardinals haven't a hope of winning Az  :D just wondering who you would like to win like you i think the steelers will be hard to beat however i'd love to see Mc Nabb win the superbowl especially with all the talk before the year wheter he would be wit the eagles or not and the way he has repsonded after having his ass hauled of against the ravens ( i think)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

OK, leaving the obvious Cardinals out of it, who I would like to see winning the Superbowl would probably be the Steelers or the Chargers. The Chargers because they are exciting to watch, and we saw them in Wembley! The Steelers because I like substance over style, and the Steelers just do the simple things well. I also like the Ravens for that reason.

The Giants I find hard to take because of Plexico Burress and his sideshow, and I'm not big on Tom Coughlin either. The Titans are too bland for even me, and Chris Johnson is another prima donna. The Eagles, I've never really taken to them because their fans are a bit too much for me, and I don't trust Donovan McNabb in a tight spot. Finally the Panthers, I don't mind either, but again I just don't have any strong feelings on them either way. The nightmare for me would be Titans v Panthers in the Superbowl.

The only drawback for me with the Steelers is Nick Halling, so I'll say I hope the Chargers win it. I played Gaelic Football there for a few years, and the Chargers have had to put up with sickening playoff defeats recently. Unfortunately I don't think the Chargers will come out of this weekend if LT is missing, and Norv Turner is coach :D

the Deel Rover

Speaking of the chargers wasn't sproel (spl) unreal for them last week , i think they said it was the 3rd highest ever combined yards 355 i think. For a small man he is some bit of stuff .Apologies should have this in the other thread
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

Good point. It's going to be a bitch scrolling back up for people's entries when I'm doing the scores on Monday.

Anybody else for the picks?

the Deel Rover

Bombidal will be keeping a close eye on ya Az  ;) :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers