NFL Fantasy Football 2008/09

Started by fntn, June 21, 2008, 03:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

You have home county and even home town bias on your side as well. You can't lose :D

AZOffaly

~Okay. Executive Decision.

I'm leaving the scores as they are now, and will post the details below.

I am also adding two players to the weekly roster, in addition to the 6 bench lads. 1 extra DB and 1 extra DL. That makes for 13 active positions every week, and 6 bench players for a squad of 19.

Cheers lads.

Lone Shark

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 25, 2008, 04:05:49 PM
You have home county and even home town bias on your side as well. You can't lose :D

Plus you need someone in there who will fly the flag for Offaly towards the end of the year as well - no offence, but if we were depending on the Faithful Turfmen or the Mammoth Squad to secure a berth in the playoffs we'd be struggling ...  :P

AZOffaly

Here is the final details from the Yahoo Settings page. Please familiarise yourself with both the postions and the scoring updates before the draft. I realise August is a good time away, but I think it's good to at least get a couple of Pre-Season games in before we all pick our teams. I'll look at the schedule and find a spot for the draft that fits.

Please click on this link to view the new settings, I will not be responsible if you don't bother and miss something.

Cheers

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/80545/settings

AZOffaly

Quote from: Lone Shark on June 25, 2008, 04:09:21 PM

Plus you need someone in there who will fly the flag for Offaly towards the end of the year as well - no offence, but if we were depending on the Faithful Turfmen or the Mammoth Squad to secure a berth in the playoffs we'd be struggling ...  :P

Ah yeah. Good job you're good at FANTASY sports :D Now I'm psyched up to cut and paste those words in December :D

Lone Shark

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 25, 2008, 04:11:29 PM

Plus you need someone in there who will fly the flag for Offaly towards the end of the year as well - no offence, but if we were depending on the Faithful Turfmen or the Mammoth Squad to secure a berth in the playoffs we'd be struggling ...  :P

Ah yeah. Good job you're good at FANTASY sports :D

I work with what God gave me. I do okay....

Quote from: Yahoo Sports All Time Record
2005   v The Faithful Turfmen Win 151.15 - 52.50
2006   v Faithful Turfmen Win 66.02 - 43.47
2007   v Faithful Turfmen Win 126.59 - 82.52

AZOffaly

Lads, only one spot left. BARNEY!!! WHERE ARE YOU???!?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Lone Shark on June 25, 2008, 04:21:37 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 25, 2008, 04:11:29 PM

Ah yeah. Good job you're good at FANTASY sports :D

I work with what God gave me. I do okay....

Quote from: Yahoo Sports All Time Record
2005   v The Faithful Turfmen Win 151.15 - 52.50
2006   v Faithful Turfmen Win 66.02 - 43.47
2007   v Faithful Turfmen Win 126.59 - 82.52

Not pretty, I'll grant you. But my lads are climbing walls this season. The sleeping Giant is stirring.

Lone Shark

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 25, 2008, 04:22:56 PM
But my lads are climbing walls this season.

I must draft all those lads so....

dec

AZOffaly

I've been in secret talks with a few lads via NFL.com. They're receptive to my message so far, and have agreed to refuse contracts with anyone else. Especially those with pretentious French names.

the Deel Rover

going off topic but do ye lads watch the NFL programme on sky , Clinton portis was on it last night came across as a gas man especially when it showed clips of him doing interviews under different aliases
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Barney missed the boat. I feel bad, he emailed me last week about it!! Ah well.

AZOffaly

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 25, 2008, 04:30:59 PM
going off topic but do ye lads watch the NFL programme on sky , Clinton portis was on it last night came across as a gas man especially when it showed clips of him doing interviews under different aliases

Thanks be to God. Bring us back on topic and save me from Lone Shark's humiliation and taunting :D.

I was watching it alright. He looks like a looper alright. I'd say Strahan will be a great craic as a 'pundit'.

The presenter of that show is a right tool though. The way he tries to talk 'street' with the players. I'd say they're going 'Would you ever shut up you cracker'.

'He gets 'Pub''

'Sweet 'Kicks'' (as in shoes)

ad infinitum.

Lone Shark

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 25, 2008, 04:32:27 PM
Bring us back on topic and save me from Lone Shark's humiliation and taunting :D.

Time enough for now I suppose... ;)