most famous person you have met

Started by saffron sam2, June 20, 2008, 09:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

takeyourownpath

i once bumped into john aldridge in JL Airport, and hilary duff and her then boyfriend, thon one from good charlotte in chicargo airport

AND gerry adams is my uncles, uncle in law, so i met him at the weddin

Puckoon

Quote from: takeyourownpath on February 01, 2010, 07:42:33 PM
i once bumped into john aldridge in JL Airport, and hilary duff and her then boyfriend, thon one from good charlotte in chicargo airport

Was Liam there?

takeyourownpath

Quote from: Puckoon on February 01, 2010, 07:45:03 PM

Was Liam there?

naaa! i'd say he's a bit of a black sheep around them!

Puckoon

Gaffer

Eh? My uncle's uncle -in-law? WTF
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

takeyourownpath

Quote from: Puckoon on February 01, 2010, 07:55:30 PM
I find that very e strange.

was that supposed to be a bad pun? :D

Quote from: Gaffer on February 01, 2010, 08:02:53 PM

Eh? My uncle's uncle -in-law? WTF

yea, my uncles wifes uncle, what wasn't to get there?!

Denn Forever

Bono and The Edge at their studio near Pearse Street.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

I met Kevin Smith and his wife in Dublin last October. Spent 20 minutes with them backstage after his live show. Great night ;D
Testing Accessibility

heganboy

ziggy you have met more famous people than Kevin Smith, the fact that he's your all time favourite person in the world ever skews your judgement
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

ziggysego

Quote from: heganboy on February 01, 2010, 09:32:31 PM
ziggy you have met more famous people than Kevin Smith, the fact that he's your all time favourite person in the world ever skews your judgement

Kevin's cool :)
Testing Accessibility

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 01, 2010, 09:16:25 PM

i'm pretty sure they used to drink in the dockers pub which is around that area and that i bumped in to bono one night . i had a fair few pints on board that night so not sure if it was reality or a dream
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

EagleLord

The Gs Man

Standing in Charles De Gaulle Airport today and there must have been 40 TV cameras and lots of French people waving the tricolor.  Me being a nosey Irish bastard went over for a wee look only to be greeted by the arrival of the French Handball team, recently crowned European Champions.  My shouts for Thierry Henry did not go unnoticed and should hopefully have made Canal+ and/or Eurosport tonight...
Keep 'er lit

Capt Pat

Hilary Duff and Good Charlotte, I really wouldn't have a clue let alone "thon one" from good Charlotte. I must be getting old.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 01, 2010, 09:34:19 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on February 01, 2010, 09:16:25 PM

i'm pretty sure they used to drink in the dockers pub which is around that area and that i bumped in to bono one night . i had a fair few pints on board that night so not sure if it was reality or a dream

Not any more DR, was (sadly) knocked down a few years ago to make way for an O2 building. More recent than that, it would likely have been the Ferryman, a bit futher down the quays.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...