most famous person you have met

Started by saffron sam2, June 20, 2008, 09:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: maggie on May 18, 2010, 10:39:22 AM
Quote from: Olly on May 18, 2010, 09:03:54 AM
I'm sorry. It wasn't colin Farrell. It was the other actor out of In Bruges.

Easy mistake to make.
They look so alike ::)

Yeah there is a good 2 foot height difference too.

under the bar

I met the pope in Phoenix Park in 1979.  Passed within 15 feet of me an waved in my direction.  Does that count?

Other than that I've met Prince Charles - as in spoken to in Belfast.  Met him in on Hill Street a year ago.   He commented on the delightful architecture and cobbled streets.

Also met Bill Clinton in Ballygawley.  Was having my dinner in Askins and he dandered in didnt shake hands but he gave an big wave an "Howeryall".    Asked if they had any Irish Stew on and they said they didn't but would make it up for him.  He said thanks but didnt have time so had soup and a roll!
The Errigal women were throwing themselves at him (no change there!)

ross4life

Couple of weeks ago on a flight from Phoenix to San Francisco i happened to be sitting because former actress Jo Morrow, she talked about her great desire to visit Ireland one day & the great friendship she has with Maureen O Hara

one of the nicest people I have had the pleasure to meet
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

saffron sam2

Load of big shot soccer boys over from England doing their coaching badges at the Dub today.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Massey-135

I once met Henry Winkler, aka The Fonz, at work

DoireGael

Barack Obama - During an internship, when he ran for Senator in Illinois.

Warren Buffet - Shoke hands on a trade floor.

And the creme dela creme, I'm facebook friends with Barry Mc Elduff

Not bad for a country fella from North Derry  ;)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 08, 2011, 11:44:31 AM
Load of big shot soccer boys over from England doing their coaching badges at the Dub today.
Any of these big shots have a name and did you meet them?

shawshank

thebigfella

Had an invitation to the party put on for the "British" Queen in Dublin. I'd have went if i'd known Iris was gonna be at it, might even have tried to nail her  ;)

saffron sam2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 08, 2011, 02:51:08 PM

Only heard Given and Kilbane - some of our boys are away over to be trained by them.

Not going to bother heading over myself - far too busy. Beside none will top Mr Gates.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Tony Baloney

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 08, 2011, 03:08:56 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 08, 2011, 02:51:08 PM

Only heard Given and Kilbane - some of our boys are away over to be trained by them.

Not going to bother heading over myself - far too busy. Beside none will top Mr Gates.
He hasn't touched tequila since.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2011, 03:55:13 PM
Croí na hEireann.... twice!

:D Don't forget your camera the next time...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Puckoon

I had the pleasure of meeting a man called Bikram Choudhury last week. The "inventor" of Bikram yoga, the guy is every bit as crazy as they say - but he's obviously doing something right.

A yoga guru brought to the USA on the invitation of President Nixon to save his leg he's been here ever since. A catacylsmic ride from the back streets of Calcutta to being one of the wealthiest and most famous people in LA.  Not without his controversies however. Claims to sleep maybe 2 hours every 3 days, and eats one meal a day. No wonder he's rich - it costs $18 to take one of his classes in any of his franchised studios the world over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikram_Choudhury

http://www.bikramyoga.com/BikramYoga/about_bikram_yoga.php

ziggysego

I seem to piss off any celebrities I come to meet.
Testing Accessibility