Author Topic: Teachers get it handy!  (Read 137753 times)

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
Re: Teachers get it handy!
« Reply #1635 on: May 25, 2018, 10:53:15 AM »
What does GDPR mean for teaching? Iíve heard all sorts of things like you canít have pupilsí work on your desk when youíre not in the room (in case the cleaner looks at it or some shite).

Anyone had any training on it?

Surely the first paragraph is implemented by now regardless?
Really? Youíd never see a pupilís book lying on a desk? Or even a pile of books for marking?

Sorry I thought you meant files such as IEPs and stuff.
Nah, say you took in homework to mark and left it on the desk and the cleaner comes in and sees Peter Hardstation got 3/20 in his French comprehension homework. He may know John Hardstation (Peterís da), and sends him a text to say ďI see Peter is as big a twat as youĒ. Iíve heard the teacher is in breach of GDPR.
A crock of shite but has there been any guidance?

Mark?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RealSpiritof98

• View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 25, 2018, 01:36:01 PM »
Anyone eles think a primary school taking all next week off as holidays is shocking so close to the summer hols. I see no use at all for it and afaik there is no teacher training being done. Its a massive inconvienence for working parents. maybe cheaper getaway for the teachers/principal

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 25, 2018, 01:39:30 PM »
Anyone eles think a primary school taking all next week off as holidays is shocking so close to the summer hols. I see no use at all for it and afaik there is no teacher training being done. Its a massive inconvienence for working parents. maybe cheaper getaway for the teachers/principal

Yeah mid term break at the end of the term ffs
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: May 25, 2018, 01:44:21 PM »
b**tards!

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #1639 on: May 25, 2018, 04:13:08 PM »
What does GDPR mean for teaching? Iíve heard all sorts of things like you canít have pupilsí work on your desk when youíre not in the room (in case the cleaner looks at it or some shite).

Anyone had any training on it?

Surely the first paragraph is implemented by now regardless?
Really? Youíd never see a pupilís book lying on a desk? Or even a pile of books for marking?

Sorry I thought you meant files such as IEPs and stuff.
Nah, say you took in homework to mark and left it on the desk and the cleaner comes in and sees Peter Hardstation got 3/20 in his French comprehension homework. He may know John Hardstation (Peterís da), and sends him a text to say ďI see Peter is as big a twat as youĒ. Iíve heard the teacher is in breach of GDPR.
A crock of shite but has there been any guidance?

Mark?
He got 17/20.

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 26, 2018, 08:26:44 PM »

June is a busy month in our schools. A weeks rest will give staff the energy to get them through the following 4 weeks until their summer holidays.

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 27, 2018, 11:32:34 PM »
Just keep opening the Summer holidays advent calendar

Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: June 15, 2018, 05:12:12 PM »
Well done to Mrs Corr.............

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44495226?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=northern_ireland&ns_campaign=bbc_news_ni

Most likely took on this case herself as unions won't support teachers in taking libel cases.

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: June 15, 2018, 05:23:44 PM »
Well done to Mrs Corr.............

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44495226?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=northern_ireland&ns_campaign=bbc_news_ni

Most likely took on this case herself as unions won't support teachers in taking libel cases.

Yes. Well done Mrs Corr. Should have gone for financial compensation though.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: June 16, 2018, 09:52:32 AM »
Well hopefully that stops the rest!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: June 20, 2018, 12:47:45 PM »
I see the teachers in a Co. Antrim school get it real handy... all sorts of jobs available now!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: June 20, 2018, 12:49:42 PM »
I see the teachers in a Co. Antrim school get it real handy... all sorts of jobs available now!

Fake news, it isnít here

US i think
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:51:38 PM by Minder »
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: June 20, 2018, 03:24:56 PM »

Fake news, it isnít here

US i think

Job with nice perks all the same

TyroneOnlooker

• View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: June 20, 2018, 04:28:22 PM »
Video, pictures, facebook profiles etc doing the rounds now and it definitely isn't in the US. Much closer to home and I'm sure very embarrassing for all concerned. Families ruined here, jobs probably lost so think before you send this stuff on to people just to have the laugh.