Author Topic: Teachers get it handy!  (Read 251434 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Teachers get it handy!
« Reply #3300 on: January 12, 2021, 08:35:36 PM »
Many pupils in schools who 'shouldn't' be in i.e. pupils whose parents aren't front line workers etc.?

Id say in Belfast there seems to be plenty office workers in, I suppose anything is better than teaching your kids and working
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: January 12, 2021, 08:37:02 PM »
Many pupils in schools who 'shouldn't' be in i.e. pupils whose parents aren't front line workers etc.?

Id say in Belfast there seems to be plenty office workers in, I suppose anything is better than teaching your kids and working

Is that defeating the purpose?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: January 12, 2021, 08:42:20 PM »

The definition of front line workers is the problem. Many people are being required to be at work but not classed key workers.

In many ways we should look to that so called "Government of the Right" in the Free State.

They have agreed to make pandemic payments to parents who cant attend work due to childcare duties during this period, also slightly off point but isn't it great how they nationalised the private hospitals but we haven't managed to up here.

Damn West Brit, Free State, Capitalist Gombeens

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: January 12, 2021, 08:43:34 PM »

Well the complaint from lots of parents is its harder to teach their kids and work at home, so going to work and sending kids to school is easier..

Where as March Belfast was empty only for the drunks!!

I think the rule was work from home if you can
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: January 12, 2021, 08:49:03 PM »

Well the complaint from lots of parents is its harder to teach their kids and work at home, so going to work and sending kids to school is easier..

One of the big issues this time genuinely is the fear of management singling out people at a later stage who took the option to work at home or even in some cases people might be rendered as "surplus to demand" after extended absence. Some work environments are toxic. Its a rat race

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: January 12, 2021, 09:04:51 PM »

Just teacher was saying to me a lot of pupils in this time...whose parents are not frontline workers.

Conversely, she said she knew of doctors who kept their kids at home.

Do schools just take everybody who turns up or what's the story there?

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: January 12, 2021, 09:09:01 PM »

One of the big issues this time genuinely is the fear of management singling out people at a later stage who took the option to work at home or even in some cases people might be rendered as "surplus to demand" after extended absence. Some work environments are toxic. Its a rat race

Wouldn't that be against the law?

You'd certainly have a case there.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: January 12, 2021, 09:12:12 PM »

Wouldn't that be against the law?

You'd certainly have a case there.

Yes on both.

But if some employers are offering the option to work at home , the arse falls out of it, fear sets in and next thing everyone is in the office, really thats how it works in a lot of places, especially in a time where the economy is under threat.

We have virtually nobody working from home atm, sites both sides of border, cant get a parking space in the morning, 1500 workers
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 09:14:57 PM by Fear Bun Na Sceilpe »

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: January 12, 2021, 10:54:10 PM »
Any principal worth his/her salt would ask parents to apply for placement identifying why or how they are key workers...not just open the gates for everyone and anyone to walk in...

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: January 12, 2021, 11:15:27 PM »
Any principal worth his/her salt would ask parents to apply for placement identifying why or how they are key workers...not just open the gates for everyone and anyone to walk in...

But again, what is a key worker

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: January 13, 2021, 12:03:29 AM »
List available online.....

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: January 13, 2021, 12:40:19 AM »

Yeah probably is, but the issue is this.
We have key workers who can send children to school and then we have people who have been told they have to be at work but aren't on list and therefore can't send wains to school. A lot of issues there. Hierarchy of workers?

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: January 13, 2021, 09:21:42 AM »

Yeah probably is, but the issue is this.
We have key workers who can send children to school and then we have people who have been told they have to be at work but aren't on list and therefore can't send wains to school. A lot of issues there. Hierarchy of workers?

Looks teachers should send these little pests home. The key priority here is keeping what ever teachers have survived this pandemic alive and if that means frontline workers need to stay at home from work and teach their children so be it. Anyway, why can these so called front line workers (we all know that teachers are the real front line workers) not bring their laptops to work with them and do skype teaching calls with their little brats themselves. See how they like it. The priority here must be to keep our teachers 100% safe and be 100% certain none of them get a head cold never mind covid.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: January 13, 2021, 10:00:03 AM »

Our local primary school requires details of the key worker role the parent is doing before allocating spaces. And another primary school in the area requires both parents to be key workers.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: January 13, 2021, 10:01:52 AM »

Our local primary school requires details of the key worker role the parent is doing before allocating spaces. And another primary school in the area requires both parents to be key workers.

And others just seem to be letting any pupil attend without any sort of rationale.

Again should have been taken out of the schools hands and clear directives laid down above them from DE. The lack of leadership from the department is staggering on most issues they have faced since the beginning of this pandemic.