Author Topic: Teachers get it handy!  (Read 194986 times)

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
Re: Teachers get it handy!
« Reply #2550 on: June 30, 2020, 09:39:03 AM »
Bubble bubble toil and trouble.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: June 30, 2020, 11:00:30 AM »
Jim Bob if you think social distancing in shops and pubs will be in place in August you are mad. The 1 metre rule is in but you are mad if you think it will happen in pubs

I donít think that !!!

tbrick18

• View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: June 30, 2020, 12:08:16 PM »
There's talk of creating a "Classroom bubble".

This talk of bubbles is a load of utter w**k.

You swear the morons that come up with this are utter brain dead. Did they come up the lagan in a f**king bubble?!?

So kid in bubble A has the virus, takes it into school. Everyone in bubble A gets the virus over the space of a day or two and takes it home.

They spread it to their siblings and parents. The kids come back in and spread it among 3 other bubbles and 2 teachers and the parents' workplaces. They then spread it around their siblings and children (and work colleagues).

Sure if the teachers spread it in the staff room then every fukking bubble in the school has it.

Rinse and repeat. Bubbles are not effective firebreaks for this thing - and no one should kid themselves any differently.

As is fairly clear, the risk to kids is low - they are typically asymptomatic carriers - but they can spread it to others. Its the parents, and more particularly, the parents that are involved in their parents care (kid's grandparents) where the risk lies.

The evidence is  also quite clear on at least one medium of contraction - if you are in the same room with limited ventilation as a carrier for a sustained period of time, its very likely you will catch the virus.

I see in Leicester they are being put back into lockdown. One of the findings is an abnormally high number of positive Covid19 tests in children of school age. Schools to be closed again from Thursday.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-53229371

Do people really think that when the kids are all back to school that'll be business as usual? It will let everyone back to work as the free childcare returns?
Lets take Belfast as an example and imagine the same thing happens there and an Lockdown is re-imposed there with schools closed. That alone, will more than likely close down the NI economy again given the nature of our small region.
Now don't get me wrong, there are more ways of spreading this than in schools, but with all kids back in all schools it will increase the spread and increase the chances of a further lockdown here and subsequently result in more deaths.
First thing I'd look at doing is to severely restrict travel between here and mainland uk, particularly inward travel.
I'd still lean towards keeping schools closed until there's a vaccine, however unpopular that is.
If we have to lockdown by end of Sep after a late Aug return to schools, it will run right into Christmas and beyond.

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: June 30, 2020, 12:29:35 PM »
If you donít think that Jim Bob whatís the issue with schools?
Get the kids back into the classroom and forget about the 1 metre rule whilst they are in school
Imagine everyone who had flu symptoms got tested. We would have thousands for about 4 months of the year. Madness

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: June 30, 2020, 12:33:09 PM »
If children aren't back full time in September then teachers need to be back full time teaching the children remotely, marking homework, etc. A complete uniform approach across the board from every school and every teacher. Not what we witnessed in March, April, May and June were many schools simply shut and took an extended break. Teachers, Schools and Dept of Ed must pull their weight.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #2555 on: June 30, 2020, 12:49:50 PM »
If you donít think that Jim Bob whatís the issue with schools?
You can choose not to go to the pub if you wish, perhaps?

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: June 30, 2020, 12:57:29 PM »
100% right trailer. Teachers need to be accountable for what they do from August on. Full school hours. In school as normal none of the crap we got this 4 months sending out the odd bit of work to keep the parents happy. If I go to the pub hardstation I expect nobody to come within 1 metre of me. Will that happen? What about the staff who have to go into work in the hospitality sector? They have to go. What about all the health care workers and shop workers? Just get on with it hardstation

During flu season, the only people who get tested for the flu are those who are sick enough to seek help from a doctor.

If we used the same strategy for covid, would we still have a pandemic? Big question needs answered

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #2557 on: June 30, 2020, 01:05:59 PM »
All of those people get paid to go to work in those places. School children do not. They also donít have the option of staying at home, like you do from the pub.

Teachers will be in school, like all of those other workers.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 01:07:56 PM by hardstation »

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: June 30, 2020, 01:25:57 PM »
Children should be i school. Thatís where they need to be
Because see if they were not in school they would be outside with friends
The amount of children I see outside and no social distancing is crazy
Get the kids back
Teachers have not been in school this 4 months
If you think that you are kidding yourself

tbrick18

• View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: June 30, 2020, 01:27:41 PM »
If children aren't back full time in September then teachers need to be back full time teaching the children remotely, marking homework, etc. A complete uniform approach across the board from every school and every teacher. Not what we witnessed in March, April, May and June were many schools simply shut and took an extended break. Teachers, Schools and Dept of Ed must pull their weight.

I actually agree with the part in bold, 100%. The problem earlier in the year is that the education authority/minister in charge hadn't a clue how to do it so by default the schools had to devise their own ways. Some schools did it better than others, some teachers were more productive than others and some did fook all. However, some parents also did fook all in terms of engaging with the schools and were happy enough to let their kids go into holiday mode. The finger of blame can't point entirely at teachers.

I have some issue with the point you make about teachers all being back full time teaching remotely though. For a lot people out there they simply cannot work full time if their own kids are not in school. The same will apply to teachers who have children of school age. It would be unreasonable to expect a teacher to work full time if they have kids at home due to lock down whilst at the same time saying its understandable that a retail worker can't go to work for the same reasons. However, this should all be covered by the uniform approach across the board you mention.
The uniform approach would have to be on a teacher by teacher basis and what their personal circumstances are. For example, a teacher who is shielding should not be in school at all, but if they have no school age children it could be reasonable to expect them to work the full working week remotely. But for a teacher who has young children who cannot attend school due to lock down, that teacher should not be expected to have to work in a full time capacity as they have childcare and homeschooling responsibilities also. Then there is also the scenario of teachers who are carers, teachers who travel long distances to work, support staff (classroom assistants, cleaners, kitchen staff, secretaries....the list goes on).
The uniform approach will have to cover all those scenarios and the extended staff of a school.

tbrick18

• View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: June 30, 2020, 01:29:31 PM »
Get the kids back

that is neither the fault of the school, teachers or the children.
Parents allow their children to do that. They need to take social responsibility for their own children.

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #2561 on: June 30, 2020, 01:34:51 PM »
Get the kids back
Think what?

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: June 30, 2020, 03:45:05 PM »

I actually agree with the part in bold, 100%. The problem earlier in the year is that the education authority/minister in charge hadn't a clue how to do it so by default the schools had to devise their own ways. Some schools did it better than others, some teachers were more productive than others and some did fook all. However, some parents also did fook all in terms of engaging with the schools and were happy enough to let their kids go into holiday mode. The finger of blame can't point entirely at teachers.

I have some issue with the point you make about teachers all being back full time teaching remotely though. For a lot people out there they simply cannot work full time if their own kids are not in school. The same will apply to teachers who have children of school age. It would be unreasonable to expect a teacher to work full time if they have kids at home due to lock down whilst at the same time saying its understandable that a retail worker can't go to work for the same reasons. However, this should all be covered by the uniform approach across the board you mention.
The uniform approach would have to be on a teacher by teacher basis and what their personal circumstances are. For example, a teacher who is shielding should not be in school at all, but if they have no school age children it could be reasonable to expect them to work the full working week remotely. But for a teacher who has young children who cannot attend school due to lock down, that teacher should not be expected to have to work in a full time capacity as they have childcare and homeschooling responsibilities also. Then there is also the scenario of teachers who are carers, teachers who travel long distances to work, support staff (classroom assistants, cleaners, kitchen staff, secretaries....the list goes on).
The uniform approach will have to cover all those scenarios and the extended staff of a school.

It is not unreasonable. Creches have reopened. Make arrangements. Organise childcare just like the rest of the population have to. Take some responsibility.

This just sums up the attitude of the vast majority of teachers. Unwilling and uncompromising.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:50:52 PM by trailer »

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #2563 on: June 30, 2020, 03:56:43 PM »
One day things will get back to normal, trailer.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: June 30, 2020, 04:02:41 PM »
Teachers are in for a shock. Public fast losing respect for them.