Future of Croke Park

Started by take_yer_points, June 19, 2008, 03:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Ok, I think you've lost it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SCENTOFSAM

Quote from: Tankie on June 21, 2008, 01:06:40 AM
Quote from: ONeill on June 21, 2008, 01:00:17 AM
Quote from: Tankie on June 21, 2008, 12:42:26 AM
I was just pointing out a few things to you O'Neill, no need to get off the subject of the thread!

Well, I'll tell you. Tipperary were All- Ireland Champs and the Dubs couldn't handle it. The Jackeen media and public couldn't take it and repeatedly queried Tiip's superiority. Tipp, despite their 2 recent victories over the Dubs, were pressurised by the Jackeen press to play them again on 21st Nov '20.

And then didn't the locals raid the joint after the shootings.

Move Croke Park away from Dublin.

so it was a setup between Dubs and your government? seems a bit far fetched
Only " our govt " because freestate f*****s like you let us down in the 20's and again n the early 70's

Tankie

I really think we are getting off the subject of this thread!
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Tyronies and Dubs fighting with each other....There's a first  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Better than fight amongst ourselves I guess, not that Laois would know much about that....
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on June 21, 2008, 03:15:09 PM
Better than fight amongst ourselves I guess, not that Laois would know much about that....

Ohhhh you bitch  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Frank Casey

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 20, 2008, 11:48:07 PM
Tankie, if it isn't yourself:

May I doff my cap to you sir, in my limitless humility, for if it isn't yourselves who have taught all Irish about humanity and what that very concept was all about. And please do forgive my temerity in now dwelling in your ineffably estimable capital, and I do try to manage to disregard the memory of those who spat on our heroes of 1916 as they were marched to the docks, and thence to the camp Frongoch in Wales. Sure don't we all have our eejits, and I do now solemnly forswear all attributes of being a Tyrone man, and do solemnly undertake to be more upright, with more opposable thumbs, just like our all-knowing metropolitan masters. In your all-laudable image may we all strive for refinement, though an ultimately fruitless aspiration it may be, 'tis one that all right thinking humans on this island should unquestioningly undertake, and I do so willingly.

Or maybe... maybe, you should chill a little  ;)

FSB - I have to say that I (with my puny bogger brain) enjoyed that.

On the matter of roofing an all-seater stadium it could only help to improve the atmosphere by keeping in all the noise and helping things to cook up. The railway line issue can be solved if necessary to develop Hill 16.
KERRY 3:7

Rossfan

Going by that slogan on the bottom of your posts I presume you refused point blank to acceot any tickets to foreign games on the sacred soil ? :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gnevin

I assume the people who posted here for in support of a all seater Croker are different to to the ones who posted that Tickets are too expensive?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 19, 2008, 03:53:59 PM
Hill 16 apart from the toe rags that stand there during Dublin matches is a eyesore.It really looks unfinished
Knock it down and put in all seater,Even if they don't take it up to the height of the other stands to make it a  complete bowl, couldn't they put a Kop style stand there thats all seated and holds 20k+
If you want to see some art work go to the National gallery  if you want to see some football with a decent atmosphere keep the terraces in GAA grounds 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Maguire01

Quote from: Gnevin on June 25, 2008, 01:19:25 PM
I assume the people who posted here for in support of a all seater Croker are different to to the ones who posted that Tickets are too expensive?
Is there any reason why seated tickets need to be more expensive - once the initial installation costs have been met?

thehulk!!

eye sore to say the least, has gaa written all over it- only do half a job, as a mate of mine says one word describes croker: amateur- and he doesnt mean it in a good way. Croke park at present is a purpose built concert venue or 3/4 of a modern stadium.

AZOffaly

Janey hulk. I'd say you're great craic. Every post you make is criticising someone or something. I find it hard to believe you had 'a mate' to describe Croker as amateur. :D

Maguire01

Quote from: thehulk!! on June 25, 2008, 03:48:56 PM
eye sore to say the least, has gaa written all over it- only do half a job, as a mate of mine says one word describes croker: amateur- and he doesnt mean it in a good way. Croke park at present is a purpose built concert venue or 3/4 of a modern stadium.
That's their new logo.  It's a marketing exercise.

Rossfan

I dont know if it's true -( I saw it in the "Star" on Sunday -read it in a friends house .Honestly  :D)---the said Star says the FAI are having difficulty selling their ten year tickets to fund their share of the costs for new Lansdowne Road. Quotes the government saying they wont pay any more than €191m.
What's the odds on the effin FAI reneging on their part of the deal and then whinging that they have "now howme" ? ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM