GAA Pictures

Started by thejuice, June 19, 2008, 02:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

I've been asked to do a poster for the club to be put in schools to get more players for the underage teams. I've had a browse through google but found little of use. Basically looking for pictures of kids playing football, hurling and camogie. If you have any multi-cultural pictures that would be great. I'm using photoshop so if you just send me a link or post them up here will do.

Thanks
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Croí na hÉireann

Try www.sportsfile.com, www.inpho.ie or www.flickr.com, search kids gaa, etc.

I don't suppose anyone knows where I could get the following photo in 1024 * 768 pixels or higher??? Need it for a project I'm currently working on...

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

thejuice

thanks,

I really dont like that picture, i;ve seen it many times before ,if you look at the bottom right corner you can see a really bad job of doctoring the picture. perhaps covering up empty seats.

oh....and I dont know where you can get that pic that size, sorry
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Croí na hÉireann

In my haste never even noticed that doctoring  :-[ it was a great backdrop though on the Setanta studio I thought...

thejuice

I just copped on that I could increase the size of that picture using photoshop and e-mail it too you if you like. It wont loose much clarity, thats the beauty of photoshop.

ExiledGael

Probably a sportsfile photo nicked with the logo photoshopped out.

ziggysego

Now that I see it, it's a terrible job and it's the first thing I see now.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on June 19, 2008, 05:09:33 PM
Now that I see it, it's a terrible job and it's the first thing I see now.
Very true...how did i not notice it before
Auld age is a killer the eyesight is fecked
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: thejuice on June 19, 2008, 04:56:00 PM
I just copped on that I could increase the size of that picture using photoshop and e-mail it too you if you like. It wont loose much clarity, thats the beauty of photoshop.

That's my last resort, have CS3 myself, thanks anyway...

Quote from: ExiledGael on June 19, 2008, 05:07:18 PM
Probably a sportsfile photo nicked with the logo photoshopped out.

Checked on there, not to be found unfortunately...

SouthArmaghBandit

There was an Antrim poster called Ballintoy who posted some amazing photos last year. They might still be in the archive.

Maguire01

Quote from: thejuice on June 19, 2008, 02:21:11 PM
I've been asked to do a poster for the club to be put in schools to get more players for the underage teams. I've had a browse through google but found little of use. Basically looking for pictures of kids playing football, hurling and camogie. If you have any multi-cultural pictures that would be great. I'm using photoshop so if you just send me a link or post them up here will do.

Thanks

I'd try these guys - marketing@gaa.ie - they should be able to help you out.

Oh, and the photoshop work on that other image is a disaster! You could do better than that in 5 minutes!

SouthArmaghBandit

Let's get some good photos up here.

Bensars

Its a poster to put in schools southarmaghbandit !

That would give the children nightmares  !!!

rrhf

Caption photograph
"Martin O Rourke photographed with 2 stabilizers"

Zapatista

Ask the Irish News. Tell them what it's for and how great it would be if they could help. I don't know how helpful they will be but they do have some great pictures.