Wimbledon 23rd June- 6th July

Started by anportmorforjfc, June 18, 2008, 11:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

Andy Murray hasn't a prayer of winning this tournament.  Ever.
In your Endo!

Uladh

Brilliant match. at least in a par with McEnroe borg. two of the greatest players in history and that rarely throws up classics.
on top of that, both are absolute class acts off the court.

The whole women's tournament in comparison to the men's is a joke. i only saw two decent matches. the quality, particularly on grass, just isn't deep enough in the women's game. let the women sell their own tickets and negotiate their tv money seperately for a year and we'd soon see the real market values.

hats off nadal and fed and here's hoping for the beginning of a decade of rivalry.

Abble

best game of tennis i've seen yet. federer must have been scratching his head at times during that wondering how the hell nadal was returning some of his shots...that put serious pressure on federer but he was able to keep in the match and then looked like winning it. says a lot for nadal. some great rallies. a couple of rain breaks also....and the strange thing is it didnt spoil the match, i think it added to it. challenges also played a big part and i think it is excellent, completely rules out and chance of wrong calls effecting the result.

federer is 26 and nadal 22, so fingers crossed we see a few more battles between them. i still think federer has another wimbledon in him. he hasnt had too much to compete with there in recent years but now nadal is on the scene he might step it up again a bit.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

under the bar

QuoteFor Venus to walk away from that with the same £ as Rafa (and Serena pocketing the same as the Fed) is a joke.

In what way?

Do you think they deserved the same prize money???

The prize money is a side issue to the glory of Wimbledon title.   You won't find a winner making any comment on the issue as the prize money is a pittance in comparison to their income in sponsorship etc as a result of winning Wimbledon.  Federer is one of the worlds richest sportsmen. 

Bogball XV

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on July 06, 2008, 10:35:39 PM
Andy Murray hasn't a prayer of winning this tournament.  Ever.
just watching him playing now in the US Open, you couldn't like him if you tried, even the Brits don't seem to like him that much.

dodo

Murray has just won it 3 sets to 1. Good match and he's into semis now.

Minder

I just hope the amount of tennis Nadal has played this year does not come back to bite against Murray
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Another good battle between the big two in Melbourne. It's on bbc1 now. Looks like it is going to a fifth set.