Qualifier draws

Started by laoisgaa, June 18, 2008, 07:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoisgaa

Qualifier Draws

The GAA confirms that the First Round All- Ireland Football Championship Qualifier (and Preliminary Round, if necessary) and Third Round All-Ireland Hurling Championship Qualifier Draws will take place on Sunday, June 29th. The draws will be held "live" on TV3 at 6 pm.

Should be interesting given the strength of the first round teams and the fact that it's the first qualifier draw not on RTÉ

Maguire01

That's just great.  Especially given the availability of TV3 in certain parts of the country.  >:(

haranguerer

Quote from: laoisgaa on June 18, 2008, 07:00:51 PM
Qualifier Draws

The GAA confirms that the First Round All- Ireland Football Championship Qualifier (and Preliminary Round, if necessary) and Third Round All-Ireland Hurling Championship Qualifier Draws will take place on Sunday, June 29th. The draws will be held "live" on TV3 at 6 pm.

Should be interesting given the strength of the first round teams and the fact that it's the first qualifier draw not on RTÉ

From the quotation marks could I infer you suspect some rigging?
It will be very interesting, bound to throw up some cracking ties with many perceived weaker counties not in the draw.

laoisgaa

It's like a questions and answers session for me - ah I brought this on myself - the quotation marks were in the GAA Press Release - I just copy and pasted the relevant piece!

haranguerer

Quote from: laoisgaa on June 18, 2008, 08:34:22 PM
It's like a questions and answers session for me - ah I brought this on myself - the quotation marks were in the GAA Press Release - I just copy and pasted the relevant piece!

Ah! They must suspect rigging themselves....

laoisgaa

I've actually been at a qualifier draw in the past which took place at the end of the press box in Dr. Hyde Park last year - think it was after the Connacht Final. No rigging goes on but basically there's only so many permutations you can have and has often been the case in the past on this board it can easy be possible for somebody to predict the qualifier draw.

Same year in, year out there's always the conspiracy theorists!

Will Hunting

Quote from: laoisgaa on June 18, 2008, 07:00:51 PM
Qualifier Draws

Am i right in saying that the only possible way we could have a "preliminary round" is if Sligo beat Mayo this weekend? Also, i wonder if all teams in the pot will be eligible to play in the preliminary round. Could we have a case where a team that reached a provincial semi could find themselves playing an extra qualifier round than a team knocked out at an earlier stage?

haranguerer

Quote from: laoisgaa on June 19, 2008, 12:18:04 AM
I've actually been at a qualifier draw in the past which took place at the end of the press box in Dr. Hyde Park last year - think it was after the Connacht Final. No rigging goes on but basically there's only so many permutations you can have and has often been the case in the past on this board it can easy be possible for somebody to predict the qualifier draw.

Just to clarify, I'm not one of em! Think its a ridiculous notion - was actually just trying line you up for a slagging by asking about the quotation marks!!

laoisgaa

passedit

Quote from: laoisgaa on June 19, 2008, 03:46:55 PM
Ah but they do exist!

No they don't!

that's just a conspiracy theory
Don't Panic

Fishbat

Quote from: laoisgaa on June 19, 2008, 12:18:04 AM

Its rigged.............................and you're in on it!

Kerry Mike

At least all the losers in the qualifier draw can breath easier tonight with Sligo's dismissal today, as one of them wont face the shame of losing in a pre-qualifier qualifier.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Owenmoresider

Hard to know after that shambles what would be a good draw for us in the qual.......oh.

orangeman

Tyrone, Monaghan, Derry, Donegal, losers of Armagh and Down - it's the Ulster championship 2nd time round !

Onlooker

Quote from: orangeman on June 22, 2008, 09:24:43 PM
Tyrone, Monaghan, Derry, Donegal, losers of Armagh and Down - it's the Ulster championship 2nd time round !
You forgot to include Cavan.  There will be 6 Ulster teams in the draw, 7 from Leinster, 2 from Munster and 1 from Connacht (Roscommon).