Clonard Novena starts to-day

Started by T Fearon, June 18, 2008, 11:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Very good. I must confess to feeling a certain amount of sympathy with him. It sounds as if it's not just bells but they were playing hymns over the PA. That couldn't be easy to listen to if you're trying to sleep after a night shift.

Main Street

http://www.clonard.com/showit.htm

Why bother going,  get eternal salvation on your desktop.
Is this Catholic salvation?
Any better than Protestant or Jewish salvation?

keep in touch here
http://www.clonard.com/novena2008/nov2008.htm

Prayer for the Novena

'We are gratefull for past favours
and we look forward to a special blessings after our 9 days of prayer'.

Should have been the Yes slogan for the Lisbon Treaty

unforgiven

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 18, 2008, 04:22:58 PM
Here ye go:

http://mostsincerelyfolks.blogspot.com/2006/10/religious-intolerance.html

I love the bit when he says "I work the night shift, doing a good days work". A bit of a contradiction of terms i think

haranguerer

Quote from: Hardy on June 18, 2008, 05:11:44 PM
Very good. I must confess to feeling a certain amount of sympathy with him. It sounds as if it's not just bells but they were playing hymns over the PA. That couldn't be easy to listen to if you're trying to sleep after a night shift.

Thank the lord you're not muslim!

guy crouchback

'' if i hear how great thou art one more f**king time i'm going to hang myself''

brilliant

T Fearon

Went up for the closing gig last night at 11pm. The place was jam packed, standing room only and there were more car park attendants, ushers etc than you'd see at Croker. Was waiting for the priest to tell the stewards at the Our Father to get into end of mass positions :D

Anyway as well as a spiritually uplifting experience it was also very entertaining. A couple of the priests were touting for vocations and said, we'll take anybody, male or female,after all they took us  :D, another said that they had got 7 male volunteers and 60 female, but he was sending the females all back to the husbands that had nominated them :D. Then at the end of it all at about 12.30am, a few priests got up and sang secular songs such as I'll tell me ma, Show me the way to go home, and there was even a Wolfe Tones song, all supported by guitars and the organist! Another priest said that one of the residents of the nearby apartments had been having "novena parties" with wine and all, on her balcony every night, and some woman had emailed telling them how she loved to get up early in the morning, get downstairs make tea and toast, and get back to bed and watch the 9.30am novena via the webcam ;D

I'm definitely going back next year ;D

downredblack

Hope you said one for Armagh , they'll need all the help they can get  :D

The Gs Man

Quote from: T Fearon on June 27, 2008, 11:33:46 AM
Went up for the closing gig last night at 11pm. The place was jam packed, standing room only and there were more car park attendants, ushers etc than you'd see at Croker. Was waiting for the priest to tell the stewards at the Our Father to get into end of mass positions :D

Anyway as well as a spiritually uplifting experience it was also very entertaining. A couple of the priests were touting for vocations and said, we'll take anybody, male or female,after all they took us  :D, another said that they had got 7 male volunteers and 60 female, but he was sending the females all back to the husbands that had nominated them :D. Then at the end of it all at about 12.30am, a few priests got up and sang secular songs such as I'll tell me ma, Show me the way to go home, and there was even a Wolfe Tones song, all supported by guitars and the organist! Another priest said that one of the residents of the nearby apartments had been having "novena parties" with wine and all, on her balcony every night, and some woman had emailed telling them how she loved to get up early in the morning, get downstairs make tea and toast, and get back to bed and watch the 9.30am novena via the webcam ;D

I'm definitely going back next year ;D

Sounds like a hoot.  Where can i get tickets?
Keep 'er lit

T Fearon

On ticketmaster, of course ;D

Judging by the crowd last night they'll have to think about providing camping facilities shortly :D

Onion Bag

The novena is starting again on the 18th June, did anyone on the board do it last year,

I attended every day
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 12, 2009, 03:30:11 PM
The novena is starting again on the 18th June, did anyone on the board do it last year,

I attended every day
Mrs ardmhachaabu and I attended every day too.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 18, 2008, 04:10:40 PM
Some irate punter rang the monastery to complain about the bells driving him nuts. He left a message on the answering machine that was hilarious.

I heard it a few years ago. As good as 'zip up your mickey'
Definitely one of the All tme greats that message.
Still giggle to myself when thinking about it " if i hear how great thou f***ng art".....
Would love to hear it again!

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: gorm agus bui on May 12, 2009, 04:14:05 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 18, 2008, 04:10:40 PM
Some irate punter rang the monastery to complain about the bells driving him nuts. He left a message on the answering machine that was hilarious.

I heard it a few years ago. As good as 'zip up your mickey'
Definitely one of the All tme greats that message.
Still giggle to myself when thinking about it " if i hear how great thou f***ng art".....
Would love to hear it again!
pm me your email address and i will send you it later
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something