a fry a day......

Started by supersarsfields, June 18, 2008, 10:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

well pints here's some good news for ya. Tho I'd take it with a pinch of salt!!

From Yahoo News.

Eating a big breakfast is the key to keeping slim, according to new research.

(Advertisement)
The bigger and more carb-laden the meal the better, experts say.

The study found women who eat half of their daily calories first thing lose more weight in the long term than those who start the day with a small breakfast.

And they are also less likely to pile the pounds back on.

It is thought that eating a meal packed with protein and carbohydrates helps cut cravings for sweet or starchy foods, as well as boosting the metabolism.

Nutritionist Angela Dowden said: "A big breakfast every day might be impractical but you are more able to deal with hunger pangs later and eat less overall.

"The ideal breakfast is grilled bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, mushrooms and tomatoes.

"It must be low-fat, high-protein, grilled, not fried."

Scientist compared the 'big breakfast' diet with a strict low-carb weight-loss regime.

They studied 94 obese, inactive women and found that low carb dieters initially lost more weight.

But the 'big breatkfast' group continued to lose weight while those on the strict diet regained almost all their weight loss.

Dr Jakubowicz, from the Hospital de Clinicas in Caracas, Venezuela, who led the study, said: "A very low carboydrate deit exacerbates the craving for carboydrates and slows metabolism.

"After a short period of weight loss, there is a quick return to obesity."

girt_giggler

grilled = not a fry

fried = a fry

fred the red

I think sausages actually taste nicer grilled on the george forman than fried!

supersarsfields

Sorry but

a hot grilled breakfast with bacon, eggs and sausages a day just didn't have the same ring to it.

ziggysego

I've a big grill every Saturday. Sets me up for the day and I don't need much the rest of the day.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Who has time to make a fry in the morning before work? Four Weetabix and cold milk for Minder every day.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Maybe you should get out of your pit a bit earlier Minder! My breakfast usually consists of a banana in the car on the way to work and then something with my 10 o'clock tea. Not good!

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 18, 2008, 01:32:24 PM
Maybe you should get out of your pit a bit earlier Minder! My breakfast usually consists of a banana in the car on the way to work and then something with my 10 o'clock tea. Not good!

I'll bet it does.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Yes I Would

same as Tony but couldnt wolf a banana into me first thing. A danone yougurt drink, then out the door.
Couple of weetabix, cup of tea and maybe a pancake or a slice of toast when i get to work!!

Love the old scambled egg at the weekend with a couple of grilled rashers, and HP!!  Yum Yum!!

his holiness nb

Two bananas in the car for me on the n2 each morning.

Best fruit by a mile to keep you going.
Ask me holy bollix

Chrisowc

Any thoughts on the Ulster Fry v Irish Breakfast?

IMO opinion an Irish breakfast is all wrong and simply resembles an English breakfast without the chips.

Ducks for cover... ;D
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Yes I Would

Mite be but jeez they can be hard to get one full one down me never mind two!!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 18, 2008, 02:00:31 PM

IMO opinion an Irish breakfast is all wrong and simply resembles an English breakfast without the chips.

Ducks for cover... ;D

Whats the difference?
Tbc....

Chrisowc

Ulster Fry is

Fried Egg(s)
Sausage(s)
Bacon
Potato Bread
Soda Bread
Pancake
Mushrooms
Tomato

Irish breakfast (based on hotel stays in Dublin etc)

Egg (scrambled or poached)
Bacon
Sausage(s)
Hash brown
White pudding
Black pudding
Beans
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

theskull1

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 18, 2008, 02:00:31 PM

Ducks for cover... ;D

No argument Chris. At least not from the Ulstermen from the 6 counties :)

Would love to know where to get a good fry now. Everywhere deep fries the sawdust sausages, soda bread and fadge now ...horrible stuff. Would pay good money for a good quality fry up. Good memories of the monte mart in strandmillis. Now there was a good burn house
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera