Armagh v Down- 29th June-Ulster Semi Final Thread

Started by Whacker, June 17, 2008, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

McConville won't start.

Given McDonnell got a decent performance and a win in his first outing with the 15 he selected against cavan, i'd imagine it would be hard for him to change. i'd like to see him sit francie down for this one and i don't think paddy McKeever does enough. i'd also have McNulty in for moriarty and McKinney in goals but that won't happen. realistically i hope he'll go for:

Hearty, Mallon, Donaghy, Moriarty, Kernan, O Rourke, McKeever, McGrane, Toner, Vernon, Mallon, O'Rourke, Kernan, Clarke, McDonnell.

Red Army

nothing worse than a bird in a GAA Jersey. O'Neills dont do the ladies jerseys like the soccer and rugby crowd.
I think Tyrones lady following are pretty easy on the eye.

downgirl

i take it from the comments about girls at matches im not welcome here  :'(

stew

Quote from: downgirl on June 25, 2008, 08:52:52 PM
i take it from the comments about girls at matches im not welcome here  :'(

You are if you have a 38 inch chest, at least from what i've read on here. :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Red Army

mournerambler

i have a 38" waist (not surgically enhanced either) ;D, am i welcome here?

dodgy umpire

Quote from: downredblack on June 25, 2008, 07:22:09 PM
Did any of ya's see the Down Blade in Omagh with Down jersey Black ski pants and 6-8 inch high heels ? :o

walked past us was quite the site!
The Boys in Red and Black are back

The GAA

Possible teams doing the rounds -

Down - McVeigh, Howard, Colgan, Rafferty, Carr, Doyle, Murphy, Rodgers, Gordon, McKernan, Coulter, Murtagh, Hughes, Sexton, Clarke.

Armagh - Hearty, Mallon, Donaghy, Moriarty, Kernan, O'Rourke, McKeever, McGrane, Toner, Vernon, Mallon, O'Rourke, McDonnell, Clarke, Kernan.

Mourne Rover

The rumour from the previous poster is very close to the side which most Down supporters want to see. While Ross will be reluctant to change a winning line-up, the inclusion of Colgan and McKernan would be sensible in the circumstances.  McComiskey probably did not do enough in the replay to justify starting, but he can have a huge impact coming off the bench. However, the team which is eventually named officially and the one which actually appears at Clones are not necessarily going to be the same.

corn02

I think the Armagh team will be:

Hearty
Mallon Bellew Finn
AK AOR McKeever

McGrane Toner

Vernon SK MOR
McDonnell Clarke TK.

Can anyone get odds on AOR for first goal, PP only does forwards and midfield.

bennydorano

Would Down seriously be considering playing Colgan at FB?  Please god they will, Christmas & Birthday rolled into one for Clarke.  I have watched that lad playing for St Louis, UUJ & Down and every time I watch him I cant understand how he got his reputation as a great footballer.

T Fearon

Does it matter who Down play at Full back? Christmas/Birthday etc all rolled in for Clarkie on Sunday regardless of the Down Full back's identity ;D

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on June 26, 2008, 10:42:57 AM
Would Down seriously be considering playing Colgan at FB?  Please god they will, Christmas & Birthday rolled into one for Clarke.  I have watched that lad playing for St Louis, UUJ & Down and every time I watch him I cant understand how he got his reputation as a great footballer.

What he said.

Brick Tamlin

id nearly bet my house on Dan mc Cartan picking up Clarke, the two have some history and know each other inside out at this stage.

If memory serves me it was a sigerson match at the dub where queens met st marys (incidentally clarke had just left queens to start studying at st marys, which probably would have grated with some of the queens boys) and throughout the match mc cartan proceeded to torture clarke on and off the ball and gave him an absloute torrid time of it, although clarke did do a bit of damage it was mc cartan who came out on tops but by pushing the boundaries to the very limit.

I think the two lived together at the time or shared digs and clarke was none too pleased by his housemates tactics in the game.. think the running joke was that clarke offered mccartan his togs after the match sayin that he seemed to want them so badly during the match he couldnt let go of them.

I expect this pair to do battle again with clarke havin a bit of revenge in mind, it could decide the outcome of the game. As a down man id be fairly confident of mccartan being ready for everythign clarke has to throw at him and as i said the two of them should know what to expect from each other, its stephen mc donell id be worried about, without monk cole we have nobody tall and strong enough for him.

on another note and somewhat disagreeing with what wobbler has said im hopin murtagh/sexton and mckeever are paired off, that should be fun.

anythehoo there has been alot of clap trap on here since this tie was decided a while ago and i dont want to get into a slanging match but at the end of the day on paper Armagh SHOULD win but i expect a close game and in reality past games/scorelines or history is completely irrelevant, 5 all irelands wont win Down the game and similarily a truck load of ulsters wont win the match for Armagh.

making a call id say Down 2-11 Armagh 1-14 or thereabouts with at least one sending off - and on that note i hope this game isnt ruined or decided by a refereeing performance.

good luck to both teams and sets of supporters and heres hoping for a great spectacle.

corn02

Murtagh would probably be favourite to get sent off for Down,  looses all sense against Armagh.