Armagh v Down- 29th June-Ulster Semi Final Thread

Started by Whacker, June 17, 2008, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatDaly

Anyone know who the referee will be? The forecasted bad weather for next weekend will also be a big factor.

D4S

Quote from: mackers on June 21, 2008, 01:23:50 PM
Scentofsam, it took you nine pages to catch on to that! ;)
I just love the Down accusations of Armagh arrogance, even some of the Down posters' names make me laugh, ye beat a tired Tyrone team and now we have scentofsam, D4S and a few others!! Brilliant!!

Just looged on after a hectic weekend to see this comment! Come on mackers how can you single down supporters out and me in particular for this sort of name on this board :D Everyone's at it, it doesnt mean I think we're going to win an allireland this year it's a bit of craic and major positive thinkin :D Also for the record I joined this board BEFORE we beat Tyrone.  See you in clones big guy :P
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

stiff breeze

Its great to see the armagh confidence! there is a sense of dejavu. tyrone fans were very confident 3 weeks ago , derry fans were confident til saturday evening. Down fans have a fear of being over confident this year because of years of failure. It was very evident during the game in newry last week as it took the goal to get the crowd believing. I expect an electric atmosphere this wknd in clones and I also expect to see this down team live up to its potential. Down will not be worried about the armagh gameplan, why would we , we have already beaten the top team in ulster.

Mourne Rover

Throw Ball, your point was not about the quality of the 91 Down team but that they were lucky with injuries. The long-term loss of key players like Ambrose Rogers and Liam Austin that summer suggests otherwise. In the famous drawn game against Derry, Greg Blaney was also unluckily sent off at a crucial stage. You have to deal with these things if you want to win an all Ireland. 

balladmaker

QuoteIts great to see the armagh confidence!

Stiff Breeze.....if any team goes into a Championship game with no confidence, then they should not be there.  Of course Armagh will be confident, why wouldn't they?  There is a difference between confidence and complacency, and I do not expect Armagh to be complacent.  Armagh learned their lesson about complacency a few years back against Fermanagh in the Q/Final.

Armagh4SamAgain

who sadthey weather wood ne realy bad next week end? Its 2 far away 2 no. It wont matter anyway cause theres only 1 winner in this game. Long time sinse Armagh an Down played in the champioship an im lookin forward 2 it so i am.

Ar we all meetin up for a pint b4 the game??? it wood be grate to hav a meetin up
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

feetofflames

I see this game as a fascinating battle between the old and the the new rich.  Between Good and evil and between fine silk threads and a stolen jumper.   Armagh are in dreamland - the country is talking about them, which is alll they wanted anyway, and they have had to play very little football to have this reputation.   Armagh will be very concious that they have now won an awful lot of Ulster titles and yet have consistently failed to get it up on the big occasion. 
Put this into context - Armagh have won 6 of the last 9 ulsters, have appeared in 2 all Irelands and one of them they took the back door route, Deep in their psychie will be the knowledge that Armagh footballers have an underachieveing gene in their make up - and that cant be nice. Armagh will be happy enough to plod away through the back door after this weekend where a meeting with Tyrone awaits them.   
Down by 5 
Chief Wiggum

dodgy umpire

Quote from: feetofflames on June 23, 2008, 10:26:04 AM
I see this game as a fascinating battle between the old and the the new rich.  Between Good and evil and between fine silk threads and a stolen jumper.   Armagh are in dreamland - the country is talking about them, which is alll they wanted anyway, and they have had to play very little football to have this reputation.   Armagh will be very concious that they have now won an awful lot of Ulster titles and yet have consistently failed to get it up on the big occasion. 
Put this into context - Armagh have won 6 of the last 9 ulsters, have appeared in 2 all Irelands and one of them they took the back door route, Deep in their psychie will be the knowledge that Armagh footballers have an underachieveing gene in their make up - and that cant be nice. Armagh will be happy enough to plod away through the back door after this weekend where a meeting with Tyrone awaits them.  
Down by 5 

you think armagh would be happy enough to loose on sunday???????
The Boys in Red and Black are back

corn02

bennydorano

This thread is virtually unreadable with all the sh1te on it.

corn02

bennydorano

corn02

I know was only joking. Maybe their shoulkd be a serious discussion thread and a banter thread?

Red Army

Is it true whoever gets knocked out on sunday will be in the same qualifier draw along with the teams that got knocked out in the last round. If so thats rediculous, whats the point in getting to the semi if your still only at the same level as Longford and Roscommon.
So by that, we could see Down v Tyrone or Armagh v Cavan again.
The GAA havent been clear on this.

ric flair

Aidan O'Rourke 02
Andy Mallon 05
Francie Bellew 03
Aaron K 05 Young player of the year