Armagh v Down- 29th June-Ulster Semi Final Thread

Started by Whacker, June 17, 2008, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Could some of the Armagh lads give me directions for Clones please. I'll be travelling from Belfast. Thanks.

Real1995

I think that alot of the down fans in general will be looking for directions to Clones  ;D ;D ;D
Nice guys always finish second!

D4S

Quote from: Real1995 on June 19, 2008, 01:23:40 PM
I think that alot of the down fans in general will be looking for directions to Clones  ;D ;D ;D

Hahahahahaha very funny!!! As a Down man with a keen interest in all things GAA I will be fine for directions as Ive been to clones quite a few times over the last few years....although in fairness that's cos my womans from tyrone :D
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Lazer

Unlike the typical armagh fan who only attend the glory matches. The Down fan supports their county through the good times and the bad.

As for directions for Clones, I think we remember how to get there, since it was only 2005 when the minors won the All Ireland, and 2003 the last time we were robbed of an Ulster Final! However do the Armagh fans remember how to get there or would you's prefer to get the match moved to Croke Park!

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Onion Bag

To be honest lazer, we are sick of being in croke park, We would prefer clones, Oh i nearly forgot to say, Its Euro now in the south not Punt ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

Quote from: Lazer on June 19, 2008, 02:14:40 PM
Unlike the typical armagh fan who only attend the glory matches. The Down fan supports their county through the good times and the bad.

You want to back this up with some evidence buck?

Lazer

Like I said, I'm a real supporter and have been in the 26counties many times recently for the National League matches, so am well aware what the currency is!

And, the great thing about the match being in Clones, will be the glorious drive home through Armagh, with the Down flags flying to celebrate our win!

Remind me again - how many times have Armagh won the All Ireland?

umgolaarmagh

My moneys on Down, to win by the slightest of margins

corn02

Remind me again Lazer, when was the last time Down beat Armagh in a competitive match, how many All-irelands we won is as relevant as that.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Lazer on June 19, 2008, 02:23:13 PM
Like I said, I'm a real supporter and have been in the 26counties many times recently for the National League matches, so am well aware what the currency is!

And, the great thing about the match being in Clones, will be the glorious drive home through Armagh, with the Down flags flying to celebrate our win!

Remind me again - how many times have Armagh won the All Ireland?

Listen lazer, i see you are just going on 2 your 3rd post on the board so you are a wee bit wet behind the ears on the whole thing, you are going to have to relax and get used to the banter,

Uladh

I'd be hopeful of an armagh win but in reality there won't be the kick of the ball between them. free kicks, refereeing and the bit of luck will all be decisive factors when two teams are well matched.

it's going to be a classic clash of styles with Down's dynamic all out attack running game against Armagh's stoic defence and long deliveries into the full forwarda line.

If armagh can be the physical and technical tacklers of old i think they will win the game. if not, down will cut them to ribbons.

D4S

Jay-sus!!!! Laser calm down only a bit of slagging, I think it the punt comment was tongue in cheek! Hilarious I laughed when I read it....I think you may be about 17...too many hormones flying around, I have a 17 year old sister it's like walkin on eggshells when you speak to her :)

Calm down...count to 10 >:( >:( :( :( ??? ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :-\ :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D There see!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Onion Bag

Quote from: D4S on June 19, 2008, 02:48:21 PM
Jay-sus!!!! Laser calm down only a bit of slagging, I think it the punt comment was tongue in cheek! Hilarious I laughed when I read it....I think you may be about 17...too many hormones flying around, I have a 17 year old sister it's like walkin on eggshells when you speak to her :)

Calm down...count to 10 >:( >:( :( :( ??? ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :-\ :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D There see!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lazer

I wish i was still only 17!!

If i was 17 i probably wouldnt remeber the Down glory days!