Armagh v Down- 29th June-Ulster Semi Final Thread

Started by Whacker, June 17, 2008, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

BerfArmagh

I think this semi final has the makings of a really good game. When confidence is high in Down they present a very different opposition. Its been a long time since i've seen a hint of optimisim in their county. That said, I was pleased with Armaghs performance, (though  Cavan were pretty clueless, so can't read too much into it) & I feel they fuction more as a team than Down.

The difference will be Mc Donnell & Clarke in my opinion.
Mid Field - against CavanToner & Mc Grane were excellent (Down will provide a sterner test though)
Vernon, Moriairty & Tony Kernan played well on debuts, though the Down game will be a couple of notchs up in terms of tempo & intensity. Role on Clones... can't wait ;D

Armagh by 2 poins

corn02

I work in Down and you can already feel the buzz. As expected the match is ticket and should be near a full house.

Without sounding patronisging, I think the Downen feel they have a chance where as in the last five or six years they would have expected to have been beaten by us.

goldenyears

berfarmagh, i agree totally with what you have said, and its a v decent first post.

i believe armagh will beat down by at least 4 points, but hope its a real cracker.

Onion Bag

welcome to the board Berfarmagh,

Armagh cant afford to miss the chances they missed against Cavan, any chance they get they will need to make sure they score, because you can bet your bottom dollar that Coulter and co will be up for this and if they get as much as a sniff on goal it will be buried, their tails are up after beating tyrone confidence is high and why not? fair play to them, but i am really looking forward to it,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

What was the wide count against Cavan, I can't imagine it being high? The goal chances as you say Onion can not be missed again.

Onion Bag

not 100% sure of the wides, what i was more concerned about was the goal chances but also the balls dropping short into the keepers hands, it happened at least 2-3 times during the game,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

stiffler

Carr has eight-week ban quashed 

Down manager Ross Carr has been cleared to run the sideline after having an eight-week suspension quashed by the Disputes Resolution Authority.

Carr was banned for criticising a referee after his team's National League defeat by Fermanagh in April.

An initial appeal was turned down before he was granted 'interim relief' to be in the Down dugout for the Ulster SFC games against Tyrone.

A further appeal was upheld by the DRA on Wednesday night.

Carr will now be on the sideline for the Ulster SFC semi-final against Armagh on 29 June.

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

southdown

Tickets now on Ticketmaster.ie for Hill terrace and O Duffy terrace behing the goal.  Ordered my Hill ticket there now, 18 Euro plus p+p.  Cant wait.

corn02

D4S

Southdown just tell me your 100% before I order tickets for my family! Bloody eejits dont pay their membership so cant get tickets from club, and now they want to go and be in same area as me.  Ive requested for the hill...that is definitely behind the pat mcgrane stand isnt it? Then behind the goals is the duffy terrace? Thanks :)
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: D4S on June 19, 2008, 01:05:20 PM
Southdown just tell me your 100% before I order tickets for my family! Bloody eejits dont pay their membership so cant get tickets from club, and now they want to go and be in same area as me.  Ive requested for the hill...that is definitely behind the pat mcgrane stand isnt it? Then behind the goals is the duffy terrace? Thanks :)

Correct.

D4S

Grand job just noticed that ticketmaster had a seating chart too anyway :) Thanks

Down 1-12 Armagh 0-13 is my latest prediction!!!