Armagh v Down- 29th June-Ulster Semi Final Thread

Started by Whacker, June 17, 2008, 08:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

Quote from: BerfArmagh on June 20, 2008, 01:31:58 PM
Fair enough D4S.

Actually one pace I think Down do have an advantage over Armagh is on the sideline (I have been very impressed with DJ & Ross carrs decision making so far) Mc DOnnell for me is still very much untested...

Our managment have done well with their decisionmaking so far but I wonder will we ever have the 2 on the sideline at the 1 time!!
McDonnell is a good successor to Big Joe and if you beat us next sunday I would strongly tip armagh to go very far in this years championship as you will improve with each game!
Glad we've cleared the air BerfArmagh and we can be friends ;)
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

bennydorano

Quote from: D4S on June 20, 2008, 01:22:36 PM
Very good!! They probably do but I don't think Kilkenny footballers would beat Tyrone though :)

They'd probably give that half-a-Tyrone team you beat a run ok I'd imagine.

D4S

That half a Tyrone team couldnt have become bad overnite they are the reigning ulster champions.  They fought to the final whistle, you obviously were at neither game, if you had of been you would have seen that there is plenty left in that team yet! For the record we were also short our best defender (which we cant afford to be missing) and DJ Kane's inspirational half time teamtalks ;D  Evens out!!!!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

corn02

I was at the first game and there is no way you can say the forward line was in the same league as the Tyrone teams of 05 and 03.

thebandit

Quote from: corn02 on June 20, 2008, 02:59:39 PM
I was at the first game and there is no way you can say the forward line was in the same league as the Tyrone teams of 05 and 03.

No O'Neill and the rest are on the downward slope

corn02

No O'Neill, Canavan or Mulligan. A McGuigan who is nowhere near his best (not his fault) and Dooher who got showed up by a poor mans Marty O'Rourke.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: corn02 on June 20, 2008, 03:13:47 PM
Dooher who got showed up by a poor mans Marty O'Rourke.

This is actually a topic I brought up at home. I think MOR picks up more breaking ball than any one I've ever seen, & he never loses possession through a tackle, however Dooher, in my opinion, would have better feet, & so is able to score more & pick out better passes.

In any case... I know who I'd rather in my team this year!

illdecide

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on June 20, 2008, 03:20:15 PM
Quote from: corn02 on June 20, 2008, 03:13:47 PM
Dooher who got showed up by a poor mans Marty O'Rourke.

This is actually a topic I brought up at home. I think MOR picks up more breaking ball than any one I've ever seen, & he never loses possession through a tackle, however Dooher, in my opinion, would have better feet, & so is able to score more & pick out better passes.

In any case... I know who I'd rather in my team this year!

Goats man don't let yourself down, there is only one winner and thats Dooher. MOR couldn't lace his boots (obviously when fully fit) I know what you're saying about O Rourke and it's true but skill wise and for getting you scores MOR is not in Doohers league.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

In their peak or at present? At present it is a no-brainer.

D4S

Im not saying the current team is in the same league of 2003 or 2005, they are a team in transition! Theyve lost canavan and oneill to retirement,there's nothing they can do about that (unless o'neill changes his mind of his own accord) they have a few injuries....that doesnt mean we only beat half a tyrone team...Tyrone are not as strong as they were but you cant fault their workrate and endeavour in the 2 games against us at all.    

Goats Do Shave

bennydorano

Stats from Armagh v Cavan showed MOR won 3 break balls, SK won 2 and McKeever (I think) won 3.

corn02

Think McKeever had two. Not bad from O Rourke in a game with little break ball, but I would expect the figure to be a lot higher against Down.

illdecide

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on June 20, 2008, 03:26:36 PM
Quote from: corn02 on June 20, 2008, 03:25:18 PM
In their peak or at present? At present it is a no-brainer.

Agreed!

Well thats why i put in brackets if fully fit, Dooher def looks of the pace and it doesn't take Einstien to work out that he is not over his latest setback. I prob jumped the gun a we bit there but if both fully fit and injury free i'd pick Dooher
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

Yeah I would pick Dooher at his peak too. The man is unreal in full flow, a sight we will never see again.