Best cure for a hangover??

Started by turf123, June 16, 2008, 05:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannymcfella

Everyone says about getting a good greasy fry in ya, which can help, but best is a pint of pure orange juice, a porky pineapple ice lolly, and loads of fruit (apple, oranges, pears etc not graham norton)! although i do prefer girk method above

The Claw

Recently I've taken to getting a glass of berocca, downing it with a Pharmaton and whatever other vitamins are around the house, then a pint of water, great job

wherefromreferee?

Water the night before, regardless of the condition you find yourself in!
Morning after, eat something (anything - fry.fruit,bread,chocolate) and continue with the water and energy drinks.
Gatorade was some relief when I worked for the summer in the States.
In your Endo!

open her out

Water before bed. Gym the next day an sweat the poison out  ;)

turf123

aye you cant beat a good run on the beach the next morning or a dip in the sea. really refreshing! although sometimes you are just so badly hungover that you cant be bothered going to the beach!

open her out

Yeah sometimes the bed is the only cure....

The Iceman

knor chicken noodle soup always helped me

flamin hot munster munch crisps and plenty of lucozade
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Gs Man

Quote from: Dannymcfella on June 17, 2008, 09:10:51 AM
Everyone says about getting a good greasy fry in ya, which can help, but best is a pint of pure orange juice, a porky pineapple ice lolly, and loads of fruit (apple, oranges, pears etc not graham norton)! although i do prefer girk method above

A porky pineapple?????  WTF

I think you'll find it's either a Pear Picking Porky or a Polly Pineapple....... 8)
Keep 'er lit

achadh gallain

A mcdonalds happy meal with an ice cold fanta orange or strawberry milkshake.. some reason, the fanta orange in mcdonalds is far different from what you get in the bottle/can.. but it works wonders for a hangover!!

well it works for me!  ;)

Fishbat

Quote from: girt_giggler on June 17, 2008, 08:41:22 AM
Correct, back out on the lash is best thing for ye.  Struggle through that first pint & then after it's all grand again.

Correct again....Not hard to spot the amateurs - ice lollies?, sweeties?

Breakfast in the pub with several pints, a few horses in the afternoon to get the blood circulating with a few more beers and izzy wizzy lets get bizzy - hangover gone

.........................til tomorrow, and the crucial Sunday decision on whether to go for round 3

Yes I Would

Round 3 generally not a good idea. unless you enjoy nites twistin and turning sweating like a rapist, not knowing if your asleep or awake, but realising next morning you have seen every hour on the clock.  Not a nice place!!

Fishbat

Quote from: Yes I Would on June 17, 2008, 11:50:30 PM
Round 3 generally not a good idea. unless you enjoy nites twistin and turning sweating like a rapist, not knowing if your asleep or awake, but realising next morning you have seen every hour on the clock.  Not a nice place!!

Its not....definitely not a nice place - catching a few zzzz's between the screams and nightmares.

Anyone ever get the "POP" going off in your head while dozing after a rough weekend?  I've seen grown men cry trying to get to sleep - Victoria Bitter is a disgrace to beer

Jimbobjnr

Only one real cure, and thats the hair of the dog. If you don't go on the rip again you'll suffer even a bit no matter what miracle cure you try! As for day 3 or 4, if only there was an answer...

qub la la la

stay in bed as long as possible, then get up have a shit and a shower, loads of ice lollies (pineapple, pear and jokers), loads of juice and a feed with the grease dripping off. love the waffles and spagetti hoops too when am dying.

southdown

Play a reserve match, always works for me