Paul Galvin- referee' notebook - is this something you've always wanted to do ?

Started by orangeman, June 15, 2008, 06:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

QuoteYou's are brave and good a the mouthing yourselves when things don't go your way, and by all accounts every team that you's play are a bunch of wankers behind closed doors, how fucken cynical is that chap!!

I think I have most of what you want to get accross and there is nothing much there I could disagree on, so fair play.

QuoteSo don't through stone in the house mike

but you lost me totally with that last bit.

Now try again slowly, this time engage the brain first, and slowly one finger at a time tap out on the keyboard what your brain is trying to get accross. See it's easy.

And they said they were making English easier for those sitting the Junior cert, I have my doubts.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

rrhf

Did Big Dara once get suspended for pishing in the dugout or something?

orangeman

Quote from: Dubh driocht on June 24, 2008, 10:01:52 PM
Paddy Heaney got it right today in the IN.Tonight at an Under 16 match, a young lad was clearly intent in getting sent off as his team (Bryansford) was being stuffed by Bredagh in the East Down championship.When he swung a Bredagh player by the neck, he had clearly lost it, and the ref called him over.He approached the ref and went to head-butt him.Cue red card, and a load of verbals.Three people beside me turned at once and said 'Paul Galvin'.So , the role model aspect cannot be underestimated.

What a load of shite !

orangeman

A lot of people are on here talking about Paul Galvin and how he is now to blame for all incidents of indiscipline towards referees since he slapped the book out of Paddy Russell's hand 2 weeks ago.

Now let me take you back to a Derry league game last year in May when ALL Star forward Paddy Bradley got the referee by the throat at the end of the match. He was suspended for 3 months. He was going to miss out on the championship for Derry - the Derry County Board themselves ( who had imposed the sentence in the first place ) employed the services of the well known solicitor in cases like these, Fergal Logan to represent them.

After trawling through all the bits and pieces of paper, there was no disputing the fact that Bradley had man handled the referee - no dispute ! But they brought a case to the

orangeman

A lot of people are on here talking about Paul Galvin and how he is now to blame for all incidents of indiscipline towards referees since he slapped the book out of Paddy Russell's hand 2 weeks ago.

Now let me take you back to a Derry league game last year in May when ALL Star forward Paddy Bradley got the referee by the throat at the end of the match. He was suspended for 3 months. He was going to miss out on the championship for Derry - the Derry County Board themselves ( who had imposed the sentence in the first place ) employed the services of the well known solicitor in cases like these, Fergal Logan to represent them.

After trawling through all the bits and pieces of paper, there was no disputing the fact that Bradley had man handled the referee - no dispute ! But they brought a case to the DRA on the basis that one of the people sitting on the CCC who handed down the suspension, occasionally did umpire for the referee who was assaulted and therefore it was deemed that he wasn't entirely independent or neutral. The DRA sent the case back to the Derry County Board who conveniently forgot it ever happened.

Now I've nothing against Paddy Bradley - I think he's a class footballer etc - but why should Galvin be so villified in this case ?

Why not round on the Derry County Board for not doing something about it ?

Why not round on the Tyrone County Board for similar indiscretions involving county players ?

The facts are that County Boards in their quest for glory ALLOW acts of indiscipline involving county players to go unpunished - no wonder that players like Galvin etc etc etc form an opinion that they can nearly do anything they like, cos they've got off with it before and they'll get off with it again.

feetofflames

Chief Wiggum

thehulk!!

delighted pauls ban was upheld, similiarly like i was delighted whelan was dropped- karma sorts it all out boys in the end

Mike Sheehy

Quotedelighted pauls ban was upheld, similiarly like i was delighted whelan was dropped- karma sorts it all out boys in the end

Ah, if it isnt "the hulk"...Mayos answer to "Armagh for Sam"

stiff breeze

Quote from: tyssam5 on June 23, 2008, 12:11:01 AM

Fair play to him, though if my job would let me take a 3 month holiday in Australia, I would go to the gym twice a day!

he owns his own pub. Im not talkin specifically about going to the gym , talkin about his attitude to training and football in general.

stiff breeze

Quote from: ONeill on June 23, 2008, 12:18:51 AM

What a load of balax. So, because you have the time to go to the gym everyday, it's your right not to accept human error? For feck sake, the man has brought shame on the captaincy of the most privileged position in the game - captain of the Kingdom. Are you trying to tell me what happened to Galvin was worse than anything that previous greats form Kerry experienced down through their illustrious past.

Galvin was the wrong choice of captain and it backfired.

dedicated players make time to go to a gym everyday, the have no more time than any non county players. I didnt say its any1s right not to accept human error but tryin to give an insight into why he lost it. Galvin is a great choice for captain, he wears his heart on his sleeve and leads by example in a positive manner ( most of the time ) best type of captain to have. Roy keane is the exact same type of player and was 1 of the best captains in the prem. ( that comes from a liverpool fan)

me thinks you have a dose of sour grapes. maybe a bit of scour too.

goh4205

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 25, 2008, 12:56:26 AM
QuoteYou's are brave and good a the mouthing yourselves when things don't go your way, and by all accounts every team that you's play are a bunch of wankers behind closed doors, how fucken cynical is that chap!!

I think I have most of what you want to get accross and there is nothing much there I could disagree on, so fair play.

QuoteSo don't through stone in the house mike

but you lost me totally with that last bit.

Now try again slowly, this time engage the brain first, and slowly one finger at a time tap out on the keyboard what your brain is trying to get accross. See it's easy.

And they said they were making English easier for those sitting the Junior cert, I have my doubts.

Well, I sort of expected this type of answer from a blinked clown like you, once again you try to make yourself look intellectual by your sly remarks. It totally reaffirms my point regarding Kerry folk.
I'm sure I'm not alone on this point, but when it comes to sly sneaky fucks, The kingdom are top of the list

Kerry Mike

goh4205: Your contributions to this thread in 3 posts is summed up in your own words as:

1) Galvin is a dirt fecker & a coward to boot.
2) by all accounts every team that you's play are a bunch of wankers behind closed doors, how fucken cynical is that chap
3) when it comes to sly sneaky f**ks, The kingdom are top of the list

So thats it then, good to get your view point. Or is there a deeper you we need to know about. Maybe perhaps something constructive you might like to add to the Paul Galvin issue.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

his holiness nb

Quote from: thehulk!! on June 25, 2008, 03:45:53 PM
delighted pauls ban was upheld, similiarly like i was delighted whelan was dropped- karma sorts it all out boys in the end

Glad you are happy our best midfielder this year is keeping his place. You must be supporting the Dubs this year to be happy about that?
Ask me holy bollix

thejuice

Meath played Kerry on Tuesday night in Tipperary in a challenge match. According to the Drogheda Indo there was a bit of a melee. Score was 1-19 to 0-17 to Kerry. Both teams at near full strenght from what i gather. Brian Farrell kick 6 points which is good from our point of view. I dont have many more details, its all word of mouth.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Zapatista

Quote from: thejuice on June 26, 2008, 02:50:12 PM
Meath played Kerry on Tuesday night in Tipperary in a challenge match. According to the Drogheda Indo there was a bit of a melee. Score was 1-19 to 0-17 to Kerry. Both teams at near full strenght from what i gather. Brian Farrell kick 6 points which is good from our point of view. I dont have many more details, its all word of mouth.

Aparently Darragh went off injured, I wounder was it related?