ONeill

Tohill
Linden
McHugh
Geraghty
Giles
Joyce
Fitz

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

Jaysus you're a tyrone man and you dont include signor Canavan??

dodo

haranguerer

I'm most definitely not a tyrone man (normally anyone but... :P), but the answer is Peter Canavan. As it is for the 2000's. Best player ever imo, had it all and the intelligence & attitude to match. He'll be some manager too...

ONeill

Canavan at 95/96  he could be included and that's not enough. Donnellan was only a very late 90s man. I'm asking for someone who you feel was at the top of their game from 90-99 as far as poss. Linden and Geraghty most will say, but Tohill defined that decade for me, from '91-99.

mournerambler

I may be biased in my opinion, but for me it has to be the lynchpin of the team that made the breakthrough for this province in 1991 & gave football in Ulster a huge lift, Greg Blayney.

haranguerer

If dont feel Canavan can be included, then it has to be Trevor Giles. Amazing player. 

dodo

Quote from: ONeill on June 13, 2008, 11:04:02 PM
Donnellan was only a very late 90s man.

He's the very same age as Joyce who you have mentioned.

ONeill

Age is nothing. Impact has. Joyce made a bigger impact on the 90s than Donnellan did. No contest.

Yes I Would

If were talkin about 90s and 90,s only agree it would have to be a meath man Piles, Fay or Graeme for consistency!!

For sheer class Linden in 91 & 94. As an adopted Armagh man Marsden was the key man!!

MaroonAndWhite

Michael Donnellan made his debut in 1997 in Tuam against Mayo......Padraig Joyce debuted in 1998 in Castlebar against the (other) auld enemy.

Mike Donnellan had by far the bigger impact in the 90's. 00's belonged to PJ but 90's were all about Donnellan from a Galway perspective. PJ really only started to show his best in 2000.....especially against Kildare in semi

Take a look at the 98 final for MD at his best.....class act.

MaroonAndWhite

Quote from: hardstation on June 13, 2008, 11:48:51 PM
Childhood heroes, in no particular order:

James McCartan, Bernard Flynn, Henry Downey, John O'Leary, Declan Bonner, Yash, Peter Canavan, Vinnie Murphy, Fay Devlin, Liam McHale, Dominic McEnhill, Ciaran Corr, Trevor Giles, Pauric Joyce, John Lavery, Maurice Fitzgerald, Mickey Linden, James & Martin McHugh, John McDermott, Anthony Tohill, Keith Barr, Greg Blaney, Ray Silke, Finbarr McConnell, hardstation, Kieran McKeever....................and so many more.

It was all going so well Harstation til ya arrived at Ray Silke  :D

Mourne Rover

This is fairly simple. The 90s were defined by the arrival of the top Ulster teams. Down led the way, in 91 and 94. Linden was our most talented player.  McCartan was the most inspirational. Blaney was the guy who made the difference between winning and losing. No contest.

J70

Doire abú

Séamus Quinn? Was immense the year they won Connacht, 1994 I think. Got an All Star I think.