Should Newry have an Armagh GAA club?

Started by Feckitt, June 11, 2008, 01:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 11, 2008, 06:47:30 PM
Armagh can have Shamrocks if you want them.

Fantastic idea - best yet on this site. And since half of Pairc Esler is in Armagh sure wouldnt the Shamrocks boys who think they own it be able to obstruct the Armagh county board then as well as they do to Down. Great stuff. :D ;D
Fierce tame altogether

dodgy umpire

belfast is the same with part in down and the rest in antrim, st.brigids of malone road had the choice of playin in down or antrim and they chose antrim
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Mourne Rover

St Brigid's had no choice. They are on the Antrim side of the Lagan, and could not play in Down. Their new ground is just across the motorway from Casement Park.

dodgy umpire

while they are on the antrim side i was told they were allowed to choose by one of their clubmen. ive been misled :-[ apologies
The Boys in Red and Black are back

David McKeown

Was chatting to a friend recently who plays for a Belfast hurling club (Breda I think) and he was saying they play on alternate nights in Antrim and Down. Any football teams do that?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Onion Bag

Quote from: bennydorano on June 11, 2008, 04:16:29 PM
Think Corrinshigo is the only Armagh pitch I've never been to.

Havent been in it in years and that time it was a shite hole, with glass on the pitch, you know the sort,

What is your favourite Pitch in Armagh to play on? or have good memories from?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Uladh

Listen OB, not every club in the country has a deep reservoir of resources nor volunteers. Corrinshigo is a club of very small membership run by a very small band of dedicated workers. the pitch is hardly croke park but it is maintained as well as any other and thankfully well worn.

There are shit hole clubs the length and breadth of the country but many of them can be considered so because of the calibre of the people, not the size of the bank account

corn02

Very harsh Onion Bag. Correnshigo has a decent set-up in difficult circumstances.

brokencrossbar1

I never played on the new pitch but have funny memories of the old pitch, with the drain hole at the near goals and the biggest hills on a field ever  ;D

Corinshego have to be admired because they keep going with little resources and small numbers.  They keep fielding at various levels despite the issues and as Uladh has said have produced a number of good players, particularly my old school team mate Eamon Fearon.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Uladh on June 12, 2008, 04:39:06 PM

Listen OB, not every club in the country has a deep reservoir of resources nor volunteers. Corrinshigo is a club of very small membership run by a very small band of dedicated workers. the pitch is hardly croke park but it is maintained as well as any other and thankfully well worn.

There are shit hole clubs the length and breadth of the country but many of them can be considered so because of the calibre of the people, not the size of the bank account

ULADH,

I was not having an attack on Corrinshigo, Someone just made a comment that he had never seen the pitch and i just made the comment that i had seen a good few years back and it was crap and litteres with glass, nothing personal
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

stpauls

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 12, 2008, 04:50:36 PM
I never played on the new pitch but have funny memories of the old pitch, with the drain hole at the near goals and the biggest hills on a field ever  ;D

Corinshego have to be admired because they keep going with little resources and small numbers.  They keep fielding at various levels despite the issues and as Uladh has said have produced a number of good players, particularly my old school team mate Eamon Fearon.

i was just about to ask were they still playing on the slanted pitch, with the horse as the grass cutter  ;D, but it is good to hear they have been able to get a new pitch sorted for themselves. fair play!

Aaron Boone

Waterford City would be similar to this with a lot of it in Co Kilkenny.
Co Clare is beside Limerick City too.

dodo

Ballaghaderreen GAA in Mayo have to operate under Roscommon Co Council.

:'(