Jewellery Repairs in Belfast

Started by nifan, June 11, 2008, 09:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Anyone know here you could go to get a ring resized in Belfast?
Preferablly somewhere with onsite workshop so it doesnt take 6 weeks to send off to england like some of the chains.

Hardy

[Deleted]

Sorry - deleted that crude reference. Got my threads mixed up.

nifan

:o

I was actually waiting for a joke along those lines after I posted.  :D

Donagh

Lose the wedding ring nifan?

I'm looking to get a couple of antique watches restored (one early 19th century). Have heard the stories about certain watchmakers switching original workings to sell on, so if anyone knows a trustworthy watchmaker/restorer I'd be very grateful.

under the bar

QuoteAnyone know here you could go to get a ring resized in Belfast?
Preferablly somewhere with onsite workshop so it doesnt take 6 weeks to send off to england like some of the chains.

Your man in Smithfield that's dead used to do it...........  otherwise try one of the more up market jewellers who will have an actual jeweller on site..... of if you are on a tight budget contact the art college and one of the jewellery students might do it for a tray of carlsberg.

girt_giggler

i went to a fella one day in the city centre, its beside where Kelly's bingo hall/ athletic stores sports shop is.  cant remember for the life of me the name of the street.

I had originally went to a proper jewellers & happened to know the girl working in the shop (old school friend). anyway she told me not to bother giving it to her shop as they charge over-inflated prices & their jewelerry all goes to this fella.

I'll get back to ye with the name of the street.  It's not a shop as such, there's a buzzer on a door on the street level, would never have known it was there unless I had been told. buzz up & the man will let you in, he's on the 2nd/3rd floor.  and cheap as chips!

ps remember now - it's on Queen Street!

nifan

Is that some fella Hugo?
I got his name, and also frank alexander on gt victoria street.
Went to alexanders as i am closer to them.

girt_giggler

haven't a clue what he was called but he done the job.  I was getting the catch on my chain fixed (no smart remarks), only cost £4!  If had of been in the shop my friend tells me I would have been looking at £20-£30 for the same job done by the same person via them!