Cheeky Biffs

Started by navaniarmhi, June 07, 2008, 10:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navaniarmhi

Bought my ticket for this evenings match in the booth opposite the ground. On going thru' the style yer man checks my ticket but doesn't give my stub back. Am I too suspicious for my own good? To whom should I complain? Would such a complaint make a shite of difference?

SLIGONIAN

Sorry for my naivevity but whats your problem? Just dont get what your suspicious of? Are you accusing the Offaly cb of keeping the takings?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Maguire01

What difference does it make?

navaniarmhi

I'm accusing the fella in the stile of not giving stubs back. This fact opens raises the possibility of scams.  The untorn tickets can be returned to the kiosk and can remain 'unsold'. Whether it occurs or not is unknown but tickets are divided in two to prevent the possibility. Perception is everything.

AN other

The same happened me but to be honest I didn't think anything of it... I just presumed he/they were trying to get the crowd through the gates as quickly as possible but following your comments I do wish I had insisted on getting my stub. It does seem like a valid enough point because not all stiles were the same, most seemed to give back stubs.

Maroon Heaven

There is stories coming out of Tullamore of Westmeath Flags been burnt on the Rhode - Rochfortbridge Road again.

Maguire01

Quote from: navaniarmhi on June 08, 2008, 12:35:28 AM
I'm accusing the fella in the stile of not giving stubs back. This fact opens raises the possibility of scams.  The untorn tickets can be returned to the kiosk and can remain 'unsold'. Whether it occurs or not is unknown but tickets are divided in two to prevent the possibility. Perception is everything.
Why didn't you ask for your stub?
Anyway, if that was being done, it would require a number of people in on it - i.e. collusion.  When that's the case, there's always a way around it.

To be honest, whilst i'm sure there's the possibility of money rolling into pockets, i think in many cases, the old guys on the turnstile just don't know what they're at.  I had the pre-bought tickets for the National League games and the guy on the turnstile went to hand me back the full ticket when i gave it to him! Then i could have passed it back out to someone else if i had wanted.

jen83

The very same thing happened to me yesterday. I had 3 kids there whom i wanted to get the stubs for as it was the first game. I went ahead and gave in all tickets. I looked for stubs back and was told i didn't need them !

Wish i had insisted now.... Thats the first time it ever happened to me at a game down there !
Whats another year .............

Iarmhí Abú

I went in with two others and we all got our stubs back. I have never had mine retained at any ground previously.