Euro 2008... Betting Thread

Started by Will Hunting, June 06, 2008, 12:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on June 09, 2008, 03:53:28 PM
I've backed Russia each way, Portugal straight & Klose top scorer.

If Klose was a bit greedier yesterday, he'd have 2 already!! (Maybe he didn't want to score past his own team??)

is podolski not from poland too or am i mixing the two up?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quoteis podolski not from poland too or am i mixing the two up?

They were both born in Poland. One of the other strikers, Kuranyi was born in Brazil as well.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

girt_giggler

Betting wise I've a 100% record so far at the euros this year.  First 2 days were predictable, double on both favourites each day, easy money IMO.

Yesterday was a little trickier.  Had thought of doing a draw double in both games but in the end didn't bother with the France match & instead done Holland HT/FT @ 5/1  & Holland win @ 2/1! 

So far so good....also at half time during last nights match noticed the last race @ Roscommon was about to go off, got on Nina Carberry's mount at the last minute & as she regularly does she obliged @ 9/2!

Will Hunting

Quote from: Will Hunting on June 09, 2008, 01:45:38 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on June 09, 2008, 12:40:05 PM
Get on Italy 6/4

I'd agree with this. Italy are a decent price this evening to beat Holland. It's a case of solidity vs unpredictability. Despite a perceived abundance of attacking talent the Dutch struggled to score goals during qualifying, and Arjen Robben is injured for tonight's game. There's always a feeling that everything has to be 100% right for Holland to produce the goods. Italy's traditional meanness in defence may be tempered by the loss of Cannavaro, but I'm sure their structure allows for a replacement to fit in fairly seamlessly. (Although, they don't look as strong in this sector as they did in 2006.) The usual worry about Italy would be their lack of bite up front. Toni will likely play as a loan striker, but Antonio Di Natale (if he plays) could cause serious damage to the right side of the Dutch defence.

6/4 is a good price, so hopefully Italy can produce the goods this evening.

Ah well, couldn't have got that analysis much more wrong!!! Although Italy weren't as bad as the 3-0 scoreline might suggest.

Anyway, today's another day.

useername

i know a chap that put a tenner on holland 3-0 and ruud van nistelrooy to get 1st goal at 150/1,

won £1500!!

Rossie11

What about Spain Greece double today?
4/1
Think Greece are overpriced.

The Watcher Pat

Spain to beat Russia 2day
Portugal to beat Croatia 2moro
Germany to beat Croatia
Italy to beat Romania on Friday

Special bet in Ladbrokes pays 11/1
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Leg End

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on June 10, 2008, 12:20:54 PM
Spain to beat Russia 2day
Portugal to beat Croatia 2moro
Germany to beat Croatia
Italy to beat Romania on Friday

Special bet in Ladbrokes pays 11/1
??? ??? ???
germany and portugal tto beat croatia
we're here for a good time, not a long time

Abble

croatia started off championships at 14/1 outright....after they got 3 pts in their first game they were moved out to 16/1 !!! now i know they scraped it and austria pushed them hard but games where a goal is scored in first few mins  can turn out a bit dour and you dont learn much about a team plus first game nerves.....this has to be great value and when they beat the germans on thur, watch out for another price change

Will Hunting

Quote from: Rossie11 on June 10, 2008, 12:12:34 PM
What about Spain Greece double today?
4/1
Think Greece are overpriced.

Greece are a huge price at 9/4 (or something similar) against what looks like an ageing, and limited Sweden team. Not sure how the bookies have priced this game up, but the odds on Greece look too big. Good value punt, and I agree Rossie, it might well pay along with Spain in a double.

Although, judging by some of my selections so far, you might all be safer doing the opposite!  :)

girt_giggler

I done that special quad above there also.  See Holland are now 5/1 to win outright after last night.  France & Italy both 11/1.

Spain tonight, will likely also do Torres first goal.  wouldnt touch the other match, if was pushed would go for a draw.

bingobus

Torres first goal and Spain to win 2-0, main bet for tonight. Also had a small punt on Villa to score first, think he takes the peno's for spain.

Not touching the other game, wouldn't know what will happen in that. Possible 0-0 or a 2-2!!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: bingobus on June 10, 2008, 04:45:34 PM
Torres first goal and Spain to win 2-0, main bet for tonight. Also had a small punt on Villa to score first, think he takes the peno's for spain.

Not touching the other game, wouldn't know what will happen in that. Possible 0-0 or a 2-2!!

or it might not finish at all , didn't that happen in a game involving sweden before ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

useername

yes it happened against denmark in a qualifier match,

everyone is quick to rule out russia and back spain, hiddink will have them well drilled,

im guessing itl end a draw or russia will win

bingobus

One nil Spain - Villa. Torres handed it to him on plate. That should cover the bets for the day and a few pound to spare. Open game by sounds of it.