Euro 2008... Betting Thread

Started by Will Hunting, June 06, 2008, 12:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 06, 2008, 11:14:43 PM
QuoteI'll be sick if it comes up and I go back to the shop to collect and they say no can do...

Was it McLean's by any chance?

William Hill
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

charlie stubbs

SAW THE MIRROR ARE TIPPING CZECHS AT 24/1.  ROSICKY AND NEDVED BE BIG MISSES BUT TRUE ENOUGH THEY TOPPED GERMANYS GROUP, THEY LOOK MORE AND MORE APPEALING AT 64 TO WIN TODAY THOUGH HOST NATION/1ST GAME NORMALLY TIGHT SO COULD BE POINT A PEACE

Bogball XV

Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 07, 2008, 09:53:39 AM
SAW THE MIRROR ARE TIPPING CZECHS AT 24/1.  ROSICKY AND NEDVED BE BIG MISSES BUT TRUE ENOUGH THEY TOPPED GERMANYS GROUP, THEY LOOK MORE AND MORE APPEALING AT 64 TO WIN TODAY THOUGH HOST NATION/1ST GAME NORMALLY TIGHT SO COULD BE POINT A PEACE
I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole - swiss are evs with draw no bet to win today and that's a good bet imo.

Chris, it's depends on how much that bet's for, but if it's significant, they are highly unlikely to pay out at that price, they will probably give you whatever odds they had on that outcome ie 20/1 or so (that's if you're lucky).

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteSAW THE MIRROR ARE TIPPING CZECHS AT 24/1.  ROSICKY AND NEDVED BE BIG MISSES BUT TRUE ENOUGH THEY TOPPED GERMANYS GROUP, THEY LOOK MORE AND MORE APPEALING AT 64 TO WIN TODAY THOUGH HOST NATION/1ST GAME NORMALLY TIGHT SO COULD BE POINT A PEACE

Can't see it all. Thought they were a side past their best. They qualified out of a handy group. We were a disgrace, Slovakia weren't up to much and while they beat German 3-0 the Germans had already qualified at that stage.

Backed a 0-0 between them an the Swiss today.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rossie11

Cascarino tipped Baros for golden boot @ 66/1!! Even though he landed a nice touch tipped Klose in World cup @ 33s I cant see him hitting the jackpot here.
I think Czechs are past their best and Swiss with home advantage could sneak it.

Bogball XV

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 07, 2008, 12:45:35 PM
QuoteSAW THE MIRROR ARE TIPPING CZECHS AT 24/1.  ROSICKY AND NEDVED BE BIG MISSES BUT TRUE ENOUGH THEY TOPPED GERMANYS GROUP, THEY LOOK MORE AND MORE APPEALING AT 64 TO WIN TODAY THOUGH HOST NATION/1ST GAME NORMALLY TIGHT SO COULD BE POINT A PEACE

Can't see it all. Thought they were a side past their best. They qualified out of a handy group. We were a disgrace, Slovakia weren't up to much and while they beat German 3-0 the Germans had already qualified at that stage.

Backed a 0-0 between them an the Swiss today.
And there was some suggestion prior to the german's last game that they might lose as nobody wanted to be the top qualifiers, since that meant that you were definitely avoiding Greece, Swiss and Austria who were the other 3 top seeds.

Rossie11

Bogball XV

Well, czechs won, but they were shite imo - switzerland were by far the better team going forward.

Norf Tyrone

Hit the bar...

Had a £ 5 double on HT/FT

Draw/Czechs
Portugal/Portugal.

IIRC it paid 16/1 or so... :(
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Mickey Linden

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on June 06, 2008, 12:27:55 PM
First 4 matches.....

Czech rep 6/4
Portugal 4/5
Croatia 1/1
Germany 4/7

Pays about 13/1 and wont be too far away...

expeeience Pat! always watching!

Rossie11

Nice start Pat. Have to admit I wouldnt have backed the Czechs in a fit.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Mickey Linden on June 09, 2008, 10:04:43 AM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on June 06, 2008, 12:27:55 PM
First 4 matches.....

Czech rep 6/4
Portugal 4/5
Croatia 1/1
Germany 4/7

Pays about 13/1 and wont be too far away...

expeeience Pat! always watching!

Get on Italy 6/4 and France 5/6...

Too much fighting in the Dutch camp and France will be too strong for Romania.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Will Hunting

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on June 09, 2008, 12:40:05 PM
Get on Italy 6/4

I'd agree with this. Italy are a decent price this evening to beat Holland. It's a case of solidity vs unpredictability. Despite a perceived abundance of attacking talent the Dutch struggled to score goals during qualifying, and Arjen Robben is injured for tonight's game. There's always a feeling that everything has to be 100% right for Holland to produce the goods. Italy's traditional meanness in defence may be tempered by the loss of Cannavaro, but I'm sure their structure allows for a replacement to fit in fairly seamlessly. (Although, they don't look as strong in this sector as they did in 2006.) The usual worry about Italy would be their lack of bite up front. Toni will likely play as a loan striker, but Antonio Di Natale (if he plays) could cause serious damage to the right side of the Dutch defence.

6/4 is a good price, so hopefully Italy can produce the goods this evening.

useername

i fancy romania tonight at 4/1 on william hill, well drilled team, their coach won european cup back in 80's with steua bucharest, he is meant to be a top manager,

also france are over-rated in my opinion, i think they will fail to qualify,

also russia 23/1 or germany to win euros,

russia under hiddink will stand gud chance, he led s korea to semis of world cup in 2002 and holland to the same stage in 1998,

Goats Do Shave

I've backed Russia each way, Portugal straight & Klose top scorer.

If Klose was a bit greedier yesterday, he'd have 2 already!! (Maybe he didn't want to score past his own team??)