Author Topic: Car Problems!!  (Read 76299 times)

BennyCake

• View Profile
Re: Car Problems!!
« Reply #720 on: June 18, 2019, 04:12:47 PM »
It is legal to drive an untaxed car on public roads if you are on route to or from the MOT centre. Probably the only time it is legal to do so.

What way does that work with insurance then? If someone had an accident on the way to MOT, what then? Surely the car isnít insured?

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 19, 2019, 12:24:53 PM »
It is legal to drive an untaxed car on public roads if you are on route to or from the MOT centre. Probably the only time it is legal to do so.

What way does that work with insurance then? If someone had an accident on the way to MOT, what then? Surely the car isnít insured?

No idea, but I have been paying insurance on the car for the last 18 months anyway, its just over £300 for the year so I never cancelled it incase I needed the car as a back up.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 19, 2019, 12:40:20 PM »

No idea, but I have been paying insurance on the car for the last 18 months anyway, its just over £300 for the year so I never cancelled it incase I needed the car as a back up.

Third parties would still be covered. However if it was fully comp you may struggle to get the value of the vehicle if you had no tax. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit