Web Coverage of Championship games

Started by amallon, June 03, 2008, 05:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

The Tyrone v Down game isn't being shown live on the TV but is being shown live on the net.  We are considering relaying the video from the computer in the club office to the big screen in the bar.  What is the quality like?  Is the stream reliable?  Is there commentary on it?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

laoisgaa

If you have a decent broadband connection you'll have no problem - there's commentary without an analyst (RTÉ.ie) and the only snag is that they generally don't show the team lineup's before hand

Puckoon

I cant help with your questions, but where is it being shown live on the net, maybe you can help me with that one?

armaghniac

RTE show it live in Ireland, free. Quite likely Setanta have it available on a pay per view basis in N America. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Puckoon

Unfortunately they dont.

Plus I was just on the RTE website and the schedule is for the tipp hurling game.

Would really love to watch the Tyrone match, but alas.

laoisgaa

It's likely that the BBC or RTÉ.ie will put the Tyrone v Down game up during the week live as Web Only coverage - Beeb are using delayed TV transmission from what I hear, as live.

Tyrone Dreamer

A lot of people seem to be under the impression that the game is on live on the tv/internet. Its definately not on tv and it appears from the rte website its not live their either with highlights that night being advertised. Could be a few disappointed "fans" come Sunday.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Puckoon on June 03, 2008, 06:15:49 PM
Unfortunately they dont.

Plus I was just on the RTE website and the schedule is for the tipp hurling game.

Would really love to watch the Tyrone match, but alas.
can you not sort out some sort of an irish proxy server?  I've done it before to watch events in the states, it's complicated and not always reliable, but it has worked - i think proxyway was the site I used

Louth Exile

The RTE website is showing some games as "Live WEB-ONLY Coverage"
Check out the link for the new dedicated championship section, looks impressive.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/mediaplayer.html
It applies to Island of Ireland only

Quote from: laoisgaa on June 03, 2008, 05:52:17 PM
If you have a decent broadband connection you'll have no problem - there's commentary without an analyst (RTÉ.ie) and the only snag is that they generally don't show the team lineup's before hand
What he said

I watched the last ten minutes of the Meath game on it last Sunday and even without a great broadband connection it worked well. It could well be added to the line up before the end of the week and I wouldn't be surprised if the game in question was a web only game
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

gerry

QuoteIt applies to Island of Ireland only

afraid not 26 counties only, you will have to use a proxity server to watch rte on the web in the 6 counties
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

armaghniac

Quoteafraid not 26 counties only, you will have to use a proxity server to watch rte on the web in the 6 counties

Not so, if your ISP says that you are in the 6 counties then you can watch it. Perhaps a good reason to use a locally based ISP like UTV rather than some English one that hasn't a clue.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bensars

billy the kid

I live in Derry and my tinternet is through BT which is why I assume i cant get it, but is there anyway around this for me?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!