Belfast Students

Started by Maguire01, June 02, 2008, 06:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Ok ok oK, maybe i tarred everyone with the one brush, but there is a a hell of a lot of them
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

corn02

Quote from: nifan on September 25, 2008, 03:20:55 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on September 25, 2008, 03:17:12 PM
The locals round the ormeau, holylands, lisburn rd areas are scummy b**tards.

What a lot of shite, there are some scumbags but there are plenty of people trying to get on with their lives ffs.

Just as bad as people saying ll students in the Holylands are drunken louts.

T O Hare

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mickey Linden

Those were the days Tommy lad! Wouldnt mind going down on a comeback tour myself!

T O Hare

when we took Tommy hamill ,simon crozier, cueball, etc into Renshaws on that hot september day, Belfast changed forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onion Bag

Renshaws is demolished they are building a "proper Budget hotel" trying to steer away from the students no doubt, The Hatfield has taken over the studen market, packed Sun-Thur Nights,

Jasus that renshaws place is steeped in history, some rips in there, spent all my student loans, grants, and hardship loans in the place. some craic! ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 25, 2008, 05:02:11 PM
Those were the days Tommy lad! Wouldnt mind going down on a comeback tour myself!

Maybe even give it a rattle myself......Show them how its done.....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

nifan

Quote from: corn02 on September 25, 2008, 04:08:28 PM
Just as bad as people saying ll students in the Holylands are drunken louts.
Yep it is. But the holylands has a problem and students are a major part of it.

stiffler

Quote from: T O Hare on September 25, 2008, 12:48:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOdevNC0Lec

Great tune O hare, would make ya think frick this 9-5 shit, ya need to get back down to the thick of it.

Anyone know what age you have to be, to be a mature student?  ;)
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Maguire01

For all those defending the students, fair enough. But imagine the following scenario - The locals are your parents and younger siblings. What would they put up with? Would they be happy with a 'bit of fun' at all hours of the night? Would you recommend your parents move to the Holylands?

The Iceman

imagine this scenario - your parents or siblings just purchased a crappy old house in the holy lands and want to make as much money as possible from renting it out.  Do they:

A: Rent it to a local family and get minimum rent from the DHS, have to fix it up to a decent standard and barely if at all cover their mortgage.
B: Rent to a group of students, let it continue to be a shit hole, cover their mortgage and make a few quid on top of that.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Maguire01

Quote from: The Iceman on September 25, 2008, 06:41:37 PM
imagine this scenario - your parents or siblings just purchased a crappy old house in the holy lands and want to make as much money as possible from renting it out.  Do they:

A: Rent it to a local family and get minimum rent from the DHS, have to fix it up to a decent standard and barely if at all cover their mortgage.
B: Rent to a group of students, let it continue to be a shit hole, cover their mortgage and make a few quid on top of that.

Eh? B is the general scenario. I think you're missing the point.

T O Hare

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on September 25, 2008, 05:35:28 PM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 25, 2008, 05:02:11 PM

Maybe even give it a rattle myself......Show them how its done.....

You made the guiness book of records did nt you Pat.. 10 fresher weeks in a row!!!!!

The Iceman

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 25, 2008, 08:39:14 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on September 25, 2008, 06:41:37 PM

Eh? B is the general scenario. I think you're missing the point.

what point am I missing? You are trying to make people see this from the residents perspective
I disagree
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight