Belfast Students

Started by Maguire01, June 02, 2008, 06:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuoteThis thread started of with a very serious issue but has been hijacked with posters posting comments which just confirm how bad the holylands and students general disrespect for the area has got.

Well said.

Idiots thinking they're big men. Ha!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

doire na raithe

I've grown tired of being rational.

Pints, would you ever go and f**k off!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 04, 2008, 07:17:38 PM
QuoteThis thread started of with a very serious issue but has been hijacked with posters posting comments which just confirm how bad the holylands and students general disrespect for the area has got.

Well said.

Well said Pints, doire would you ever grow up, maybe you should use pints as a role model, thats what im doing now.

Surreal Steve

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 04, 2008, 07:57:15 PM

Well said.

Well said Pints, doire would you ever grow up, maybe you should use pints as a role model, thats what im doing now.

What do you mean by that ONL, are you going to have a 'post-off' with POG, Ziggy et al?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Surreal Steve on June 04, 2008, 08:15:48 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 04, 2008, 07:57:15 PM

Well said.

What do you mean by that ONL, are you going to have a 'post-off' with POG, Ziggy et al?

Well I have been told off by the bigger boys for slagging pints so now im gonna be BFF with him. Sorry lads but I am going to the dark side.

hitzelsperger

Im sitting on the fence on this one...while i had 4 years great craic, with the odd wreckin session included, i can also see why people look in from the outside and see that students are a share of tramps!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hitzelsperger on June 04, 2008, 09:09:57 PM
Im sitting on the fence on this one...while i had 4 years great craic, with the odd wreckin session included, i can also see why people look in from the outside and see that students are a share of tr**ps!
Spot on.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

brokencrossbar1

It's a few years now but I lived in most of the usual haunts around the student area, Wellsley Ave, Wolsely Street, Palestine, Jerusalem, then up around Stranmillis when I grew up :P  We went out and got drunk, ran around like eejits, Tyrone lads set their house on fire beside Goldenyears house, we chased hoods with brush handles(or rather the Horse McNally did) we rowed with the peelers.  We didn't annoy locals though and didn't do any damage willfully or unintentionally.  The only time there was any hassle was when I had my car broken into by local hoods and the cops did nothing and the neighbours(locals) kept having their drug dealing friends landing at our house by mistake at all hours.  It is shit what is going on now and now what I would see as "great craic".  We got drunk in Renshaws like everyone else and bought dodgy out of date beer from the Hatfield like everyone else but we knew where the line was and didn't cross it. 

But shure we were great weren't we ;)

rolloutking

Would those posters of Pearse Ogs orientation speaking of Wellesley Avenue be referring to the so called legendary number 6 across from the Samaritians. If so then from what I have heard, that place was the centre of lunacy. Throwing dishes through the window...tut tut.

I am a student at the minute I do all the things that most students do. Get drunk, shout, get put off of clubs for lying on the floor, party for 3 days straight, do a bit of wrecking, play music deafeningly loud, even the odd spot of nakedness on the street occurs.

However unlike most 'GAA students', I live on the Lisburn Road and I can tell you that this year it was the same as the Holy Lands. Yes we has noise pollution calling at our door for making too much noise, the police for fighting and last month there was a car set on fire on a Friday Night, 50 yards away from our front door.

It must be noted that I live a stones throw away from Windsor Park and 95% of my neighbours are Protestant and they are just as wild as the 'Catholic Country Lads'.

So to tar all Nationalist Students with the same brush is wrong. In a lot of cases the residents bring it on themselves, such as the resident who went along a street last year and filled all off the keyholes with glue so that the students couldn't open their front doors  with their keys.

ludermor

Fair lads keep her lit, ye are making a great case for yourselves

umgolaarmagh

Rolloutking

I can definitely state that there were no dishes threw out the window of no 6

El Cuevo and Onion Bag theres a few embellished stories a few pages back and a few cases of mistaken identity

Tony Baloney

Sure it's only a bit of craic...  ::)

rolloutking

You're only a student so long and then it's into the depressing day job and clearing the debt. You have to make the most of it while your there and spread a few seeds in the girls from tyrone with the
QuoteGAA tops and orange fake tan
cos by god they like a good hard one on a wednesday after the bot

Fishbat

cos by god they like a good hard one on a wednesday after the bot
[/quote]

I'd say they give you a miss then...

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: rolloutking on June 05, 2008, 03:10:36 AM
Would those posters of Pearse Ogs orientation speaking of Wellesley Avenue be referring to the so called legendary number 6 across from the Samaritians. If so then from what I have heard, that place was the centre of lunacy. Throwing dishes through the window...tut tut.

I'll have you know that number 6 wellesley was a house full of highly reputable individuals.  We even had a few Tyrone people living there for good measure, bridging the gap and all that  ;D ;)

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on June 05, 2008, 09:18:51 AM
Rolloutking

I can definitely state that there were no dishes threw out the window of no 6

El Cuevo and Onion Bag theres a few embellished stories a few pages back and a few cases of mistaken identity

I don't know who you are trying to kid Umgola, possibly just yourself.  everyone else knows the real craic  >:( :-X