Belfast Students

Started by Maguire01, June 02, 2008, 06:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

The Cops have a tough job here because if they did wade in (which they should have done) there would be a load of people on complaining about police brutality etc.
Symptomatic of the way society is going nowadays, younger people have less and less respect for authority.  We need to see real action from Queens & UU this time though, suspensions or warnings will not cut it, if a few got chucked out it might send a warning to them.   

orangeman

nifan

Quote from: Square Ball on March 18, 2009, 12:17:52 PM
wonder will any of them be waking up shortly and thinking what did I do yesterday, and having flashbacks, or will them not give a f**k and look at it as normal behaviour?

Just through it again there at lunchtime.
Them boys are waking up and are on the booze again by the looks of it.The sun seems to be giving them a second wind already.

I saw a few of them public order wardens dandering around - dont fancy their chances.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 18, 2009, 01:16:23 PM
The Cops have a tough job here because if they did wade in (which they should have done) there would be a load of people on complaining about police brutality etc.
Symptomatic of the way society is going nowadays, younger people have less and less respect for authority.  We need to see real action from Queens & UU this time though, suspensions or warnings will not cut it, if a few got chucked out it might send a warning to them.   
The unis will expel no-one. They are running scared of legal challenges to the expulsions. They pay lip service to disciplinary action. Load of auld bollox and we'll be having the same conversation next year.

lynchbhoy

saw a bit of it on TV yesterday - disgusting behaviour.
The Irish soccer jerseys, the Irish rugby jjerseys, the GAA county tops/tracksuits, the Irish flag - all defiled by a bunch of idiot drunken kids who need strict  lesson in discipline.

That said, the whole St Patricks day drink thing is beyond a joke and has been for a long time now - north and south of the border.
Dublin is horrendous. Cop friends of mine are telling me the stories of the past couple of nights work they have had to go through with.
While not as high profile as the holylands, its the same craic on lesser scale all around dublin.
Disgusting.

full back

FFS lads, its Paddy's Day
Cut them a bit of slack..................

corn02

The video (as we don;t know what happened the car) shows them doing nothing wrong. The crowds gather every st patrick's day, but they don;t seem to be doing anything. Very heavy police prescence in the area on Monday night.

But it is when we hear Charlie's story that we understand what tools they are. Forget expelling them, the majority are only up for the day.

5 Sams

Quote from: nifan on March 18, 2009, 01:21:13 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on March 18, 2009, 12:17:52 PM
wonder will any of them be waking up shortly and thinking what did I do yesterday, and having flashbacks, or will them not give a f**k and look at it as normal behaviour?

Just through it again there at lunchtime.
Them boys are waking up and are on the booze again by the looks of it.The sun seems to be giving them a second wind already.

I saw a few of them public order wardens dandering around - dont fancy their chances.

Ahhhh.......those were the days.....getting up and having nothing to do but crack open another beer...
The Aristocrat Years

StGallsGAA

Why dont the few residents left in the holylands just move out on 16th and back in in the 18th?  Leave the brothers and sisters to enjoy the day without annoying anyone!

Roger

Quote from: StGallsGAA on March 18, 2009, 01:53:00 PM
Why dont the few residents left in the holylands junt move out on 16th and back in in the 18th?  Leave the brothers and sisters to enjoy the day without annoying anyone!
Good solution for the lower Ormeau area generally on other days too?

bigfrank

See a mate of mine in irish news 2day!! God help him when he gets home 2day :P:D

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: full back on March 18, 2009, 01:34:51 PM

Why?

StGallsGAA

who burnt the southern car & why?   not the usual student drinking antic.....

full back

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 18, 2009, 02:26:12 PM
Quote from: full back on March 18, 2009, 01:34:51 PM

Why?

Lets just wait & see how many students are convicted before going on a witch-hunt

Gabriel_Hurl

You wouldn't be a student by any chance would you, FB?  ::)