DERRY V FERMANAGH Healy Park Sat 21st June Throw in: 6pm

Started by never kickt a ball, June 02, 2008, 12:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodyb

There's no doubt, that our best 6 (bar dook) started yesterday, but the only man that's irreplaceable is still PB and no team has one of those on the bench. Derry, like it or not has 3 half forwards that will contribute no more than  4 points between them, on average, per game and the 2 corner forwards will generally contribute about 2 - 3 apiece

glenullinabu

Quote from: jodyb on June 02, 2008, 10:20:33 PM
There's no doubt, that our best 6 (bar dook) started yesterday, but the only man that's irreplaceable is still PB and no team has one of those on the bench. Derry, like it or not has 3 half forwards that will contribute no more than  4 points between them, on average, per game and the 2 corner forwards will generally contribute about 2 - 3 apiece

fermanagh will double team on paddy
whoever derry pick as the spare man will be vital
i would go for gerard okane - uses ball well and good coming forward

Our Nail Loney

What is wrong with Ciaran O Reilly and how long is he out for?

Uladh

Quote from: glenullinabu on June 03, 2008, 09:33:52 AM
whoever derry pick as the spare man will be vital

Ah but Fermanagh will decide who the spare man is

glenullinabu

Uladh

inisceithleann

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 03, 2008, 10:31:08 AM
What is wrong with Ciaran O Reilly and how long is he out for?

O'Reilly has a persistent cartilage problem in his knee. He had surgery at the end of last year but it's still troubling him and is only likely to pay club football this season.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

wherefromreferee?

Anybody got the latest on Sean Martin?  Heard he limped off at the weekend during the club champiobship game.  Would be a big loss, although on the plus side, I hear young M McGoldrick is back playing again.

An all ticket affair, should be a good crowd.  Would you get 15000?
In your Endo!

Will Hunting

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on June 10, 2008, 01:06:06 PM
Anybody got the latest on Sean Martin?  Heard he limped off at the weekend during the club champiobship game.  Would be a big loss, although on the plus side, I hear young M McGoldrick is back playing again.

An all ticket affair, should be a good crowd.  Would you get 15000?

I'd say you'd get close to 15000 anyway. There was 17'000 at Ballybofey, indicating that Derry's support-base is as large as it's been since probably the mid-late 90s. Expectation of reaching an Ulster Final must be pretty high in Fermanagh also, so i'd say this game will attract close to a capacity crowd.

Estimator

Thought I get this thread back to the top again.

Deighan not expected to be fit for the game. Gillis in goals McGuckin on the bench!
Ulster League Champions 2009

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: Estimator on June 16, 2008, 02:35:23 PM
Thought I get this thread back to the top again.

Deighan not expected to be fit for the game. Gillis in goals McGuckin on the bench!

Why is McGuckin on the bench?
In your Endo!

screenexile

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: screenexile on June 16, 2008, 04:15:15 PM
Goalkeeper Shane McGuckin!

Get ya now!  Estimator, be clearer!  Thats like saying Bradley (3no) or McGoldrick (2no)
In your Endo!

screenexile

Starting to get a bit nervous now... was on to McElroy there and the hoor won't even mention the match. Fermanagh are targeting this one big time!

Don't get me wrong I totally believe we have the players to win this game I'm just not sure about the tactics. I think Fermanagh will have their homework done on us and have 2/3 systems of play to try out should things not be going for them. We will not have anywhere near that amount of planning and I think we rely too much on individuals to pull us out of the holes we get into. One of those individuals is Doc andfor his leadership alone he will be a big miss although we have strong backup in the MF department which should see us through.

Anyway I just think that the ability of our players far outweighs Fermanagh and for this reason I am going for us to win by 3... it won't be one for the faint hearted I imagine!

billy the kid

exile have to say im testing the strength of my underware also.  I def think Derry are a better team man for man but MOR will be aware of that and will def have a sweeper in front of Bradley. We also cant fall into the trap that snared us against Monaghan last year where they broke alot of ball around Mid-field and picked up the breaks.  I think this will be a stiff test of Croziers management and his tactical abilitys in particular. 

However I still say Derry by a point or two but only just with no room for a below par game
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!