DERRY V FERMANAGH Healy Park Sat 21st June Throw in: 6pm

Started by never kickt a ball, June 02, 2008, 12:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Good result for Fermanagh
Derry are an average side without big Doc
I would say they will have a say in the c'ship after Fermanagh are gone
See the Fermanagh boys are at the Club Energise craic as well...

INDIANA

fair play to fermanagh, reallly enjoyed the game. think they've a better side than 2003/4. Derry were disappointing but weren't allowed play. There's my betting slip with Derry for Ulster gone up in smoke. I think Derry overestimated themselves a tad andmaybe took Fermanagh for granted which is easy to do when you're raging favourites. Still you have to hand it to Fermanagh, they were great on the night.

johnpower

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on June 21, 2008, 07:49:26 PM
Quote from: johnpower on June 21, 2008, 07:43:57 PM
Well done Fermanagh great win .Fergal Doherty big loss for Derry .God the teams lining up in the qualifiers is frightening

Surely the fact that they are in the qualifiers is because they are not that good after all...

May not be the case .Teams learn more in defeat .Since 2001  a lot of All Ireland winning teams have got back on track through the qualifiers . I am thinking from a Kerry point of view given our recent troubles .The Dubs have no such concerns  I know

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Well done to Fermanagh. Plenty of hype from Monaghan and Derry supporters over the last few months but its Fermanagh who have emerged from that side of the draw and well deserved. Hope they go on and win a long overdue Ulster championship.

ziggysego

I think I'm going to go outside now and shake my fists at the Derry wans heading home.
Testing Accessibility

Frank Casey

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 21, 2008, 07:51:19 PM
Anyone else suffering from severe anticlimax syndrome shock watching the soccer after that game?

Actually theres a fellow called (sounds like) "jerk off" playing so no ;)
KERRY 3:7

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on June 21, 2008, 07:58:10 PM
I think I'm going to go outside now and shake my fists at the Derry wans heading home.

You're far too pleasant Ziggy  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on June 21, 2008, 07:58:10 PM

Now be nice,ye might have to play them in the qualifiers
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossfan

Well done Fermanagh.
Great to see it and like other posters I would love to see them go on and win Ulster.
The official attendance was given as 14,123 by RTE which given the GAA populations of the respective Counties, a Saturday evening throw in, bad weather and live TV isnt bad at all.
It's hard tp believe Derry were 1-4 to 0-1 ahead after the first quarter so it's 1-10 to 0-5 for the Ernemen for the last 3 qtrs of the game.
Probably a fair reflection.
And could I finish by asking Referees for fcuk sake stop blowing up play when a player gets away after a minor foul. He stopped Fermanagh several times in the second half. How about common sense in the application of the rules lads?
Then at the end where Fermanagh should have got some frees - he didnt give them at all !!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggysego

Well it is the year of upsets in the Championship.

Well done to Fermanagh and I hope they go on to lift the Anglo-Celt, and maybe.... just maybe Sam Maguire.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Brilliant! Nervous finish - I wouldn't have been biting my nails much more if it had been Monaghan.  Makes our first round exit a lot easier to take.  Would love to see them take Ulster now - and i genuinely believe they could beat Down or Armagh.

Gold

i bought a ticket for the game last night but decided not to go as i thought Derry would breeze it--(im a neutral by the way) and couldnt stand seeing Bradley and co winning

feel like a d*ck now for not going but happy for Fermanagh

Shane McCabe was very good and rarely wasted a ball, Owens looks like a real option to come on in full -forward from now on--what a super sub! The last 2 Allstar full -backs squared up and Owens won hands down--what a first touch of the year!

Would be great if Fermanagh could kick on and win it now, although i fancy Armagh

A Fermanagh/Down final would be great for a change.

What a Championship we have here in Ulster as Jarlath said on the BBC, the rest of the Country must look on in envy
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Kerry Mike

QuoteWell done to Fermanagh and I hope they go on to lift the Anglo-Celt, and maybe.... just maybe Sam Maguire.

If they win Ulster they won't win Sam as they will spend the summer on the lash and who would blame them after 120 years of failure.

Yerra its nearly 3 years since a team from Ulster even made the AI Semi finals anyway, never mind getting to and winning an All Ireland :P

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Maguire01

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 21, 2008, 08:26:06 PM
Yerra its nearly 3 years since a team from Ulster even made the AI Semi finals anyway, never mind getting to and winning an All Ireland :P
It's 2 years! You can't go saying 3 years until year 3 reaches the semi-final stage. Cute Kerry whores  :P :D

Kerry Mike

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football