Annoying Phrases

Started by doire na raithe, May 30, 2008, 04:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ildanach

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 06, 2008, 04:44:54 PM
when your having a pint of plain and someone who is younger than you says " when you have harrowed as much as i have ploughed come back to me" the dubs probably wouldn't understand this statement ;)
should it not be older deel??
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Puckoon

Quote from: ildanach on June 06, 2008, 05:37:53 PM
when your having a pint of plain and someone who is younger than you says " when you have harrowed as much as i have ploughed come back to me" the dubs probably wouldn't understand this statement ;)

I think thats his point???

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ildanach on June 06, 2008, 05:37:53 PM
it should be older people thats the thing thats annoying ildanach its when younger people say
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ildanach

sorry deel missed that when i read it first.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ziggysego

Quote from: ildanach on June 06, 2008, 03:51:29 PM
people speaking in the third person really annoys me

Ziggy hates that too.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

highorlow

In Wexford, particularly Wexford town the women used the word "honey" at the end of their sentences. Its scary the first time you hear it....

i.e. in a shop......."there's your change "honey",

they are fond of the use of "chap" in County Wexford also.

Now the above don't really annoy me but what does is some Rugby quotes such as

'the "guys" put there "bodies on the line" out there.......

Maybe Paul Galvin can post on here what the ref said to him, he won't have much else to be at for the rest of the summer!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

unforgiven

Quote from: screenexile on June 02, 2008, 11:37:12 AM
"Kinda thing"

We had a party "Kinda thing" the other night and it was good craic... blah blah "kinda thing"

I used to have a girlfriend who said that all the time... AND she was from Cavan which made it even worse... she got the road!

When did you ever have a girlfriend from Cavan?

Onion Bag

Must be a Cavan thing coz there is a dick who works here and he is originally from cavan and he is always saying "type thing" and it really annoys the shite out of me,

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Orior

Donegal people always end their sentences with the words "and things like dat der"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

Free Staters who take Last Night and put it all into one word a lá Tommy Lyons "Great game of football lastnight".

doire na raithe

Incorrect use of the word 'literally'.

"I literally died!"  ...really, so I'm talking to a ghost?

bcarrier

"very much so" , " the reality is" ,  and " at the end of the day " are my top 3.

I will also consider you an annoyance if you called me " mate " or called yourself " an entrepreneur"  .

doire na raithe

...networking.

I think i die a little inside everytime I hear that phrase.

Zapatista

"The island of Ireland"

ooh the island of Ireland? And here was me thinking you meant the island of Manhatten.