TV3's Championship Throw in starts tonight at 10pm

Started by Zulu, May 29, 2008, 09:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryaner35

TV3's gaa website is launched on Sunday ..... they will have the interviews from the show online......

the Deel Rover

what did ye think of the hurling coverage on Sunday , i thought big daithi was fairly good. I know he is one of our own but i'm not sure of Mike Finnerty commentating
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

I thought they did a fine job of the hurling on Sunday, apart from the camera work during the game. I think they are missing a couple of camera's for the 3/4 shot of lads catching the ball etc. The same camera that tracked the puckout seemed to be trying to pick up the resulting action as well. Maybe it's just the director not being up to championship pace yet, and calling Camera 2, Camera 3 or whatever.

The analysis was good I thought. Daithi Regan is good when he's not talking about Offaly, Liam Griffin is enthusiastic. I thought the commentator was decent as well.

OirthearMhaigheo

I thought it was a pretty decent first effort. Finnerty's commentary was good  enough but I think he will be more comfortable commentling on the football, at least until he gets used to doing the small ball game. I can't remember him getting too many chances to commentate on the hurling for mid-west!!

Bogball XV

this is being repeated on tv3 at 23.50 tonight

AZOffaly

I thought it was poor last night. Way too short. A half an hour is not enough when there are 4 or 5 championship games on this week. They spent a small bit of time on Justin McCarthy's jumping/being pushed in Waterford, a good chunk on Dublin v Louth, and then a bit about the betting for the match. Tipperary v Cork, Offaly v Westmeath and Tyrone v Down got scarcely a mention.

It appears that they are going to focus on the game they are showing live the following weekend, which is fair enough in a half hour program, but surely they have room for an hour long program like they did the first week, with a brief review of the weekend before, and a decent preview of all the games coming up, with more emphasis on the live game they are showing if they want.

It's a pity, because they have interesting panelists and Matt Cooper is doing a decent job.

Croí na hÉireann

Only saw it for the first time last night and I would agree with everything AZ said, felt way too rushed...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gerry

i see a few quotes from here running on the site on the comments section scrolling below the tv

http://gaa.tv3.ie/
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

AZOffaly

That's mad. They're cutting and pasting :D Is Easytiger working on the production company there? I thought I heard someone saying it was the same company as the one which did Breaking Ball (That was a great show).

Minder

Should the GAA not have taken into account that part of the island cannot receive TV3 before awarding rights, i am very bitter baout this  :-[
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"