Brits make a return to Lurgan streets

Started by Donagh, May 29, 2008, 02:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Only last time they manned that particular checkpoint I seem to remember them skulking inside the sanger and were wearing helmets when they did venture out on rare occasions to run over to the barracks. Shucks they can get anything right in the movies these days.

The big fella was spotted overlooking the checkpoint from the Celtic club. Was an attack imminent?

Not fooling anyone with those glasses big lad.

Keep straight for the Batcave.

Our Nail Loney

Did ya hear they were in the middle of filming something when local alco/celeb Don Johnson wakled into shot and up to Neeson talking shit!!! Probably asking him for fifty p!!

doire na raithe

Donagh

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 29, 2008, 02:11:41 PM
Did ya hear they were in the middle of filming something when local alco/celeb Don Johnson wakled into shot and up to Neeson talking shit!!! Probably asking him for fifty p!!

Well Kilwilkie aint big enough for the two of 'em.

Donagh

I hear Jimmy Nesbitt was crying into a pint in the Clans bitching about "f**king superstars flying in and getting all the attention".

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Donagh on May 29, 2008, 02:26:36 PM
I hear Jimmy Nesbitt was crying into a pint in the Clans bitching about "f**king superstars flying in and getting all the attention".

:D :D

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

winsamsoon

Jimmy wasn't to eb seen in the clans sure he kicks with the other foot  ;) ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Uladh

Minder

The working title is "Was Lurgan a bigger shithole during or after the troubles?"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

It couldn't have been any worse than it is now!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stiffler

A NEW TV drama will focus on a sectarian murder which took place in Lurgan in the 70s.
On October 29, 1975 19-year-old Jim Griffin, a Catholic, was shot dead in his Hill Street home by Alistair Little, a member of the UVF.

The murder was witnessed by Jim's 11-year-old brother, Joe.

17-year-old Alistair Little was arrested two weeADVERTISEMENTks later, along with three others involved in the shooting. He served 12 and half years in prison.

The drama which will air on BBC Two later this year is based on interviews with Joe Griffin and Alistair Little, who has worked to tackle the causes of violence since his release from prison in the early 90s.

Filming is due to begin later this month in Belfast and the BBC confirmed there are currently no plans to film any scenes in Lurgan.

The one-off piece, to be called Five Minutes of Heaven, will feature James Nesbitt, who will portray Joe Griffin in adulthood. Liam Neeson is expected to confirm he will play Alistair Little as a grown man.

The film's producer, Stephen Wright, added: "This film is not about finding a resolution or a happy ending. What we are attempting to achieve, in a balanced way, is to create a place where both men can tell their individual stories."

Scriptwriter Guy Hibbert, who also worked on the film Omagh about the 1998 bombing, said the first part of the movie was "an accurate, dramatised reconstruction of the events leading to the murder in 1975".

"The action of the remainder of the film, set in the present day, is fiction but based on their emotional response to the fictional situations their characters have been placed in, following close liaison with both men," he said.

The scriptwriter added: "Working separately with both Alistair and Joe on the fictional areas provided a unique way of telling this story, and revealed there were no easy answers."

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

JimStynes

Theres an exclusive in the Lurgan Liar this week about it. Don Johnson will always be a bigger name than Liam Neeson in lurgan, what is the wee saying Don loves - something like 'locca locca loo'. Our Nail and him are big mates.

stiffler

'locka locka loo' and 'give me 50p for a bottle of wine' are two of DJs more renowned quotes.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Donagh

Note to Jimmy Nesbitt: turning up pissed to tv interviews alongside acclaimed actors only serve to identify your shortcomings i.e. make you look like at tit. An embarrassment to yourself and all associated with you. I'm sure Liam can't wait to jump on that aeroplane back to the US.