International Rules dates announced

Started by zoyler, May 29, 2008, 12:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: ykickamoocow on May 30, 2008, 07:47:08 AM
I know very little about Gaelic Football but would players like Tadgh Kennelly, Colm Begley and Martin Clark make the Irish national team against Australia?

Kennelly has already played for Ireland on several occasions and been a stand out player. Because the other two are professional athletes they will certainly be a step above a lot of Irish lads so I'd be surprised if they weren't picked. Setanta O Halpin too I'd say won't be far away. Having played both games they all will be able to handle the 'compromise' rules much more than any player who has just played one sport
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

rrhf

I dont know how you can leave Paul Galvin out of that team Hardy.

Hardy

Maybe he's in there under an alias.

zoyler

Hardy - That post has to be one of your best ever.  Any chance you'd post it on Bigfooty and we'll try to get a good 'only slagging' thread going.

Mentalman

Feck matching them physically - let's play soccer, that drives them nuts altogether! Geraghty, irritating at the best of times for those used to him, used to drive them stone mad playing it on the ground - nothing like being a cute Irish whore!
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Tyrone Dreamer

A few suggestions of boys who didnt play the last time - Darren Fay,Kevin Cassidy,Fergal Doherty,Niall McCusker,Dara O'Se,Ciaran Whelan,Eamon O'Hara,Francie Bellew, Joe Diver, Graham Canty,Conor Gormley.

Hardy

Zoyler - thanks for the kind words, but it's an old one I dug out that I posted on Bigfooty the last time we visited, with that purpose in mind, but nobody rose to it.

Zapatista

Brilliant hardy. That post puts us one up on the bastards already.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI love the way Kerrymen always bring up the one slip in that game. Francie had him in his pocket for the rest of that game despite having been booked early on reputation alone. Would absolutely love to see Francie get another crack at Donaghy this year, he'd shut the mouthy bastard up for a while.

The only mouthy bastards were from Armagh who built up Francie bellew as some sort of uber-hard man based on bouncing off lads like
Gooch or MFR. The bleating from you lads about this, as well as the whinging about Paul Galvin, amounts to nothing more than a bunch of schoolyard bullies that got their comeuppance.

Aerlik

:D :D :D

that was hilarious Hardy.  Bale of hay...good enough for your girlfriend... :D

Seriously though lads, I very much doubt that Ireland will beat the Aussies.  Too many speed machines in the team.

I'll be at the Perth game again.  In'sh'allah
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

nutsy--1

im delighted to see it back best event of the year something to look forward to. its brill to watch people like Shane Ryan get the shit beat of them!!!

Tyrone Dreamer

To be fair Francie has to be one of the most overrated defenders of all time. Armagh management recognise he's not that good and you'd never see him marking the best player in the full forward line. Well apart from the time he tried to mark Stephen O'Neill and a valuable lesson was learnt. If for example Armagh played Derry this year there's no way he'd be left on Paddy Bradley. A decent defender who's alright at marking a limited player in the full forward line but certainly no were near as good as is made out at times. Even when he tried to mark a 19 year Sean Cavanagh making his debut he scored 1-1 of him from play.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 31, 2008, 10:56:24 AM
To be fair Francie has to be one of the most overrated defenders of all time. Armagh management recognise he's not that good and you'd never see him marking the best player in the full forward line. Well apart from the time he tried to mark Stephen O'Neill and a valuable lesson was learnt. If for example Armagh played Derry this year there's no way he'd be left on Paddy Bradley. A decent defender who's alright at marking a limited player in the full forward line but certainly no were near as good as is made out at times. Even when he tried to mark a 19 year Sean Cavanagh making his debut he scored 1-1 of him from play.

Ive never rated him either, would be in armagh's best interests to try and blood in a new full back instead or relying on francie coming back from injury. Then again maybe it's just becuase hes a hateful dirty ****

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 01, 2008, 12:04:23 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 31, 2008, 10:56:24 AM

Ive never rated him either, would be in armagh's best interests to try and blood in a new full back instead or relying on francie coming back from injury. Then again maybe it's just becuase hes a hateful dirty ****

I'd agree that he's overrated but he's far from being a "hateful dirty ****". 
Hard enough on the field, off it he's an unassuming gentleman but I don't suppose you'd know much about that.  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrone Dreamer

He comes accross as a decent honest footballer. I just feel he's overrated. I'd put him behind Mallon,McNulty,McKeever or Donaghy as being best man marker in Armagh.