Riddles

Started by corn02, May 28, 2008, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: haranguerer on May 28, 2008, 05:27:01 PM
A small boy and his father are out on a lake in a small boat. The wee boy turns to his father and says, 'Daddy, if mummy was here, then there'd be four of us.'
Explain...

mummy was pregnant. the durty hewer.

bingobus

A small boy and his father are out on a lake in a small boat. The wee boy turns to his father and says, 'Daddy, if mummy was here, then there'd be four of us.'
Explain...

A His mother is pregnant
B His mother is a siamise (sp?) twin
C His mother is Andy Goram

Puckoon

Quote from: Zapatista on May 28, 2008, 05:29:49 PM
3 people walk into a hotel to renat a room. The staff say one room is E30. They decide to take one room and pay E10 each.

Later the staff realise the room was on speacial and was on E25.

The porter goes to the room with the E5 change. The 3 people decide to split the E5 into E1 each and give the remaining E2 to the porter. This meant the 3 people paid E9 each. 3*9=27 plus the E2 for the porter leaves E29. Where is the remaining E1 from the original E30?

No idea but hurry up and tell me!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: bingobus on May 28, 2008, 05:30:21 PM
Explain...

A His mother is pregnant
B His mother is a siamise (sp?) twin
C His mother is Andy Goram

Andy Goram!!

:D

Treasurer

3 people walk into a hotel to renat a room. The staff say one room is E30. They decide to take one room and pay E10 each.

The porter goes to the room with the E5 change. The 3 people decide to split the E5 into E1 each and give the remaining E2 to the porter. This meant the 3 people paid E9 each. 3*9=27 plus the E2 for the porter leaves E29. Where is the remaining E1 from the original E30?

Subtract the €2 from the 27, not add it = 25 euro paid and the fiver returned = 30.

haranguerer

This was answered pretty well on another thread recently. I couldn't be arsed hunting it out, but i'll try a half arsed job myself: People count backwards from the conclusion, instead of reworking the cost, and apparently its the wrong way to go about it. The room cost e10 each, but then was found to only cost e25/3=e8.33. Each guy got a euro back, so paid 9, so overpaid .66 x 3 = e2, which covers the tip. No money missing!!

Noones right about the wee boy on the boat puzzle yet either  ;)

AZOffaly

Well, the way it's worded (the boat one) doesn't say it's only the boy and his Da. I stil think the sister is there as well. Saying nothing :D

Puckoon

Does the boat have a captain?

fred the red

The wee lad was talking about God being with him too.  :)

haranguerer

Okay, here it is: Its simple enough when you think about it - hes only a wee boy, and can't count very well.

AZOffaly

Ah FFS. That's brutal.

Puckoon

thats good. I like it.

AZOffaly

That's worse. It doesn't even say they're fishing. I think this one has no answer.

Puckoon

I meant the original posters response was good. The wee fella couldnt count well. :D

the fish is just crap.

haranguerer

Best riddle ever, cos you always get the smartarses trying to work it out and giving all the usual answers, then it drives them crazy when you tell em. Well it did me, anyway.  :P. Usually ends a riddle session too - hopefully not this time tho, eh ;)