Solicitor Advice

Started by nrico2006, May 28, 2008, 10:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Just wondering how much it costs to seek advice from a solicitor?

Is a citizens advice bureau as good?

Thanks.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Candyman

Why dont you post your "problem" on here and let all us lovely people on the GAAboard give you some QUALITY advice for free.... eh????  ;)

doire na raithe

Citizens Advice is not as good. They are merely trained advisors, some with legal knowledge but they are not qualified solicitors. Which you should use really depends on the severity of your problem. I'd say a short consultation with a solicitor would be in and around £50?

mannix

what crime have you committed?

cast him to the cell and throw away the key.

rosnarun

it would cost nothing to ring one up and ask them how much and who knows if you get talking to the solicitor he might solve your problem over the phone . worked for me a few times
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 28, 2008, 10:04:27 AM
Just wondering how much it costs to seek advice from a solicitor?

Is a citizens advice bureau as good?

Thanks.

it all depends on the nature of the problem...so i cant answer your question accurately

bingobus

How long is a piece of string?

If its straight forward land purchase/lease/divorce   :o they may be able to quote you up front and be fairly accurate.

If its a legal issue which will involve correspondence with third party and possible use of barristers, it would be hard to cost but would be expensive.

If its a claim against a third party, if you win get the others to pay the costs. Or win one of those "ambulance chasing, no win no fee" solicitors.

Michael Lynn may do it on the cheap, as I hear he is short of work this weather.

nrico2006

Thanks.  Think I will just ring somebody up as its not that serious!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Did you take the "octopussing" a bit too far Nrico.......?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Something like that Minder!

bingobus

[
Lionel Hutz - the only man in a case like this  ;D

the Deel Rover

Quote from: bingobus on May 28, 2008, 11:04:10 AM

Michael Lynn may do it on the cheap, as I hear he is short of work this weather.

Think you might have trouble finding him, and if you do there are a lot of people down in Cross that would like a word with the man
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

dodo

Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 28, 2008, 02:11:34 PM

Think you might have trouble finding him, and if you do there are a lot of people down in Cross that would like a word with the man

Would they be Cross people ?   

:-[

the Deel Rover

Quote from: dodo on May 28, 2008, 04:30:40 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 28, 2008, 02:11:34 PM

Would they be Cross people ?  

:-[

You could say that there are a lot of cross people in Cross at the moment Dodo
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001