Under 6 GAA !!

Started by Feckitt, May 21, 2008, 02:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: Jinxy on May 21, 2008, 05:00:30 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on May 21, 2008, 04:48:02 PM
My nephews 5 and 3.5 are playing both hurling and gaelic football with the club....not in teams yet of course though

No doubt the younger lad has more ability than the 5 year old if he'd only stay away from the Farleys Rusks.
;D
Classic
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Hardy

Good man Jinxy. You're in good form today.

Gabriel_Hurl

I started at 7 years of age

stiffler

I know a few lads whos gaelic career peaked at P.3
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

rosnarun

ye  need to keep an eye that the coach remebers they are teaching babies . most wouldn't have a clue what to expect from kids that age and are doing it because one of their kids are in it or they drew the short straw at the bord na óg agm
. i saw one lad give under 6's an almost identical session hed give adults mainly a 20 a side game where the biggest kid kept the ball
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

phpearse

QuoteNo doubt the younger lad has more ability than the 5 year old if he'd only stay away from the Farleys Rusks.

Reminds me of a story from a few years back. One of our teams reserve players was working with one of the senior players. The reserve player was saying that he found training a bit tough and hadn't the legs for matches. The senior player thought he would wind him up and said that before each training session he ate 3 Farleys Rusks. The reserve play sucked it in but the snior player thought nothing more of it. Then a few weeks later the reserve player asked the senior player had he any bother having a crap and he hadn't shit in weeks!! Cue massive roars of laugher from senior player and every person at training being told the story. The dumb cub had actually went out and bought farleys Rusks and was eating them dry before training.

bennydorano

Quote from: rosnarun on May 22, 2008, 12:27:05 AM
ye  need to keep an eye that the coach remebers they are teaching babies . most wouldn't have a clue what to expect from kids that age and are doing it because one of their kids are in it or they drew the short straw at the bord na óg agm
. i saw one lad give under 6's an almost identical session hed give adults mainly a 20 a side game where the biggest kid kept the ball

Help out with the U6's myself, the difference in size and development between P1's and P2's can be huge, we tend to keep them apart - games tend to be a waste of time too, we mostly paly 'tig' to wrap up.

Hank Everlast

The wee lad just turned three there, and is showing great potiential, only problem bein hes awful fond of the bottle.