Wexford v Meath

Started by boro, May 20, 2008, 09:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meathie

Yea really looking forward to it too. I think we can afford to play Geraghty back there for this game bring on Farrell and lose Reilly who is just not up to senior if you ask me. Maybe Im missing something that Coyler sees..... :-\

Jinxy

He can kick the ball a long way.

Edit: Lads I'm after hearing that Moyles played in the challenge match against Louth (which Meath won by 7 points). Will Coyle risk him on Sunday?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

boro

I think this should be a great game with plenty of scores. Both teams are fast and athletic with plenty of men capable of scoring. If Matty is on form, we keep 15 men on the pitch and its a dry sod I think Wexford might just sneak it (fingers crossed anyway).

Jinxy

It should be a welcome change from the basketball matches we've had to endure in the championship so far anyway.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Jinxy on May 26, 2008, 06:00:27 PM
It should be a welcome change from the basketball matches we've had to endure in the championship so far anyway.

I'd prefer to watch basketball than thon UFC stuff that ye boys associate with,
back to football lads... ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

magpie seanie

QuoteI'd prefer to watch basketball than thon UFC stuff that ye boys associate with

Now - Meath and Wexford play in Leinster, not Ulster.  ;)

Jinxy

Lads, anyone like to hazard a guess at a Meath team for Sunday? Will Coyler make many changes from the last day? I think the only change will be Farrell in from the start with Moyles and O'Rourke kept in reserve. Nestor may possibly lose out even though he's playing well.

Hardy

That'd be my guess too. Nestor doesn't deserve to be dropped, but you can't keep Farrell on the bench if he's fit. Peadar Byrne will be kept to do the Peadar Byrne job. Maybe Joe could be vulnerable, but again, how can you drop a lad after he scores 1-3 in 2/3 of a game? I'd guess it'll be GG to RHF (nominally) with Farrell in at no. 15. Of course, if the DRA appeals succeed ...

Anyway, as the cliche has it, it's a great problem to have.

turk

Hardy

31 on 16 November last Turk.

Don't say you don't get good answers around here.

turk

That's a super answer!

he looks older

Jinxy

If the suspensions were lifted by the DRA (and if someone is reported for striking and there is no evidence they did, it's the only fair outcome) I'd start Murphy & Kenny but leave it at that. The other lads can be kept in reserve.

Model Hammer

Very strange that they can't get a decision sooner than Saturday morning. It seems an unnecessary impact on the team's preparation. Is it deliberate in order to avoid the cases being taken further between the ruling and the game? I thought the whole point about the DRA was that it was the final arbiter? Or is it only that it *should* be the final arbiter? I suppose anybody can seek an injunction at any time in theory regardless of the chain of events that preceded it ....

The GAA seem to have almost cracked the disciplinary procedure with this latest incarnation. It just seems odd that they can't convene and look at the videos on a Monday night and make their ruling the next morning ....

meathie

I know if a fella thinks he's hard done by they have every right to appeal their decision but at this stage I think the players should be letting this go and getting on with the focus of Wexford. I can see them winning their appeal and then we lose the game anyway!(hopefully not in reality) Id agree with Jinxy about the 2 players to bring on if they get appeals lifted esp Kenny, one of the most under rated players on the team, the Paddy Reynolds of today. I reckon Coyle will stick with the same team on sunday bar swapping Nestor for Farrell if he even does that.

Model Hammer

Steve-CW (or anybody for that matter), how much of Dr Cullen Park is seated these days (incl concrete seating)? The last time I was there (a few years ago), it would have been only the stand on the town side.

Looking to bring a few nippers and I want to minimise the chances of losing any or - worse still - any of them wanting to leave before it's over!

Thanks.