Poll

If Cavan beat Armagh, should Keoghan stay on as manager for 2009 ?

Yes - no doubt
18 (42.9%)
No way -
19 (45.2%)
Maybe - let's see first
5 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: June 03, 2008, 05:55:48 PM

Author Topic: Donal Keoghan  (Read 24410 times)

orangeman

• View Profile
Donal Keoghan
« on: May 20, 2008, 05:55:48 PM »
What do you think if Keoghan's Cavan team manage to get past Armagh ?  Should he stay on ? Should he go ? Does anyone really care ?

BallyhaiseMan

• View Profile
Re: Donal Keoghan
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 05:58:58 PM »
voted Yes no doubt.

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 06:01:12 PM »
3 - 0 so far with a long way to go till all the votes are cast !

boojangles

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 06:13:58 PM »
BH Man Im shocked,you'v changed your tune.I voted NO.

BallyhaiseMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 06:16:44 PM »
BH Man Im shocked,you'v changed your tune.I voted NO.

boojangles
if we beat Armagh id look upon this as a sucessful season to be honest and then he should be given this year and his last year in 2009.

if we dont beat Armagh and we dont win at least 2 qualifer games, Hes got to go.

Its make of break for him against Armagh!!

mylestheslasher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 09:10:46 PM »
Voted No. Just don't think he is good enough. Armagh could turn out to be a poor enough effort and/or we could fluke a win. It doesn't change all the crap that has gone on this year for me. I gave the man credit for the tactics and changes he made vrs Antrim but that is 1 positive against 10 times as many negatives.

Lawrence of Knockbride

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 10:45:14 PM »
I never thought I'd do it but I voted yes. I based it on the following. If we beat Armagh it will be two Ulster Championship wins which we haven't achieved in I'm guessing 6/7 years. It's also me saying that anybody, even Keoghan, can learn from mistakes, despite how long it takes him. Also, our players aren't the most reliable (we'll not go there again) and for them to see a manager who has achieved such a feat getting the sack could proved detrimental. Also, it would be tough for the county board to justify it. Ultimately, I think it would be worth another year of "building" to let him have his term. Who knows, maybe he could surprise us all and improve even further next year. Let me add finally, that I don't think he's the man for the job and this is not me getting over-excited after beating Antrim. I don't think we'll beat Armagah so I don't think it's relevant. Maybe check the results and then run the poll again afterwards if we win.

Yes I Would

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 10:47:49 PM »
Surely lads if Cavan beat Armagh should yous not be going on to try and win an Ulster title and judge the man when the seasons over!!

cavan4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 08:03:30 AM »
Voted No Way and BHman im suprised with you, as i have said before it's a good enough team if they had proper leadership.

boojangles

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 10:13:57 AM »
Voted No. Just don't think he is good enough. Armagh could turn out to be a poor enough effort and/or we could fluke a win. It doesn't change all the crap that has gone on this year for me. I gave the man credit for the tactics and changes he made vrs Antrim but that is 1 positive against 10 times as many negatives.
BH Man you made the point to Cornafen yesterday to look back thru all the previous posts and the reasons why Keoghan is not the man for the job.IMO none of thses points have changed.Myles and Cavan4ever obviuosly havent forgotten the amount of mistakes made all year and last year.Sunday proved that we have a talented bunch of players when used in the right way-NOT that Donal Keoghan is a good inter-county manager.

Maximus Marillius

• My name is Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 10:29:22 AM »
Heres my tuppence worth .... Lads ye have no need to worry...ye will not beat Armagh...not an earthly chance. To bt Armagh ye need power, size and footballers all over the feild. You dont have enough power, to many small players and while a number of them are good footballers, there are not enough over the field. Put it all together and you will have a new man next year.

Mr. Pain

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 11:03:14 AM »
Nothing changes. If Cavan beat Armagh fair enough, still doesn't make Keogan a good manager. Mr. Pain cannot believe the changing tune of some lads on here. We beat a poor Antrim team and conceded 1-14. That is not a good result by any means. It just proved the lack of defensive capabilities on both teams. What will happen when we meet a good team? Don't get Mr. Pain wrong, there are a few positives and some players look good enough if not properly tested yet against good opposition. If managed right they may have some hope. Not now. The man has gotta go. Mr. Pain votes no.
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 11:32:15 AM »
You see lads, when it comes to the bit, results are all that matter !!! Keoghan to stay if you beat Armagh - even a narrow margn defeat might be enough to keep him on board !!  ;)

cavan4sam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 12:53:28 PM »
Voted no way, nothing has changed from when we started the Keoghan should walk thread, Cavan beat an awful Antrim team, lets not forget that Antrim lost to Waterford and Tipp in the league. We conceded 1-14 they kicked at least 7 wides that were very scorable chances and they also kicked a couple into the goalkeepers hands. I cant see Armagh missing the same chances Antrim did and I also don't see Armagh giving Cavan the same space to play football. I hope Cavan beat Armagh and it is quite possible that we will but if they do this will be in spite of Donal Keoghan and not because of him.

BallyhaiseMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 01:01:34 PM »
You see lads, when it comes to the bit, results are all that matter !!! Keoghan to stay if you beat Armagh - even a narrow margn defeat might be enough to keep him on board !!  ;)

no narrow defeat will keep Keoghan his job, we are done with moral victories, He either delivers against Armagh or he can f**k off.

i have a suspicion lads that hes going to get his 3 years no matter how we do for the rest of the championship.

as i said before il only back him if we beat Armagh and progress in the championship which means getting to the last 16 by either the qualifying route or through Ulster

Oh shit ive just moved the goal posts again,  :P