Galway v Leitrim 14/6/08

Started by 45GoneShort, May 19, 2008, 06:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehulk!!

mayo have absolutely nothing to fear, galway have only one player and thats joyce, meehan will do his usual houdini act against mayo- the stats speak for themselves he is either off form every time he plays mayo or is just terrified of them- galway have nothing in midfield - 6-7 point mayo win in the final

Kilconly SuperSub

Quote from: myball22 on June 17, 2008, 05:58:40 PM
It's all got a sense of deja vu about it really...

Good league form -check
Struggle to beat Leitrim -check
Hopeless at midfield -check
50/50 with Mayo in Connacht Final -check
Probably unable to win All-Ireland Quarter Fianl (or previous qualifier game) -check

I think we have progressed very little in the last year contrary to the local opinion. It seems that we keep coming back to the same players, Comer coming on for example the last day and it is very hard to see us make a breakthrough with the same set of players
that haven't in the last few years.

At present if we meet Mayo in the Connacht Final we will be destroyed at midfield and we would be very unlikely
to win it in that case.

But is this not the same check list every year... In all fairness at least we are trying to play football this year instead of the shite we have been watchin for the last few years under Forde.

Galway have a lot of injuries including our best and most experienced midfielder. In fairness to Salmon he has done his best to bring new talent thru especially in Midfield.

So against Mayo it's 50/50... I believe Galway are better than last year and I wonder have Mayo improved at all...

Galway are going in the right direction... Letrim games are hard for Galway because they are never as bad as perceived by joe Public.. Actually they got some fine players.. They play with alot of pride..

So roll on the final, probably against Mayo.. Good day out... By the way beating Mayo does not mean Galway is any good, it just means we managed to beat them in a derby match on the day..

Where are Galway in the all ireland pecking order?.. Hard to say really. Galway are hard to judge even when they are good.. In 98 the players didn't even think they would win.. In 2001 we lost to Roscommon..

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: thehulk!! on June 18, 2008, 02:01:13 PM
mayo have absolutely nothing to fear, galway have only one player and thats joyce, meehan will do his usual houdini act against mayo- the stats speak for themselves he is either off form every time he plays mayo or is just terrified of them- galway have nothing in midfield - 6-7 point mayo win in the final
Be careful Hulk, the last thing you need is Sligonian on your case for dismissing them out of hand and assuming Mayo will be in the Connacht Final  :D  Other than that , much appreciate your very insightful analysis.  I expect you to make a valuable contribution to the board during your short stay  ;)