Bruce sprinsteen and the e street band RDS concerts next week

Started by small white mayoman, May 17, 2008, 10:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Anyone fancy swapping Friday tickets for Thursday ones? Mates bought me a ticket for my birthday but fucked up and got Thursday ones, and I have an exam on the Friday...

Moose

Looking forward to these gigs, even though I'm a big fan, wasn't bother going to go as I went in 2003 and thought the RDS is a really bad venue. Would prefer to see them indoors in some good venue.

But then I've done a complete about turn and got a ticket for the Thursday and just a few hours ago for the Sunday night. Anybody know what the story is with the pit, is it just on a first come first served basis when the doors open.

T Fearon

Agreed, the RDS is a shit venue for a major artiste. You could hardly move at the 2003 concert, such was the size of the crowd.

Pity shite like Westlife, Celine Dion etc are playing at Croker while the boss is playing at the RDS

bingobus

Quote from: T Fearon on May 19, 2008, 03:57:06 PM
Agreed, the RDS is a shit venue for a major artiste. You could hardly move at the 2003 concert, such was the size of the crowd.

Pity shite like Westlife, Celine Dion etc are playing at Croker while the boss is playing at the RDS

You could include McGeeneys Kildare in that bracket after yesterday  ;D  ;)

Heading to Bruce on Friday evening, looking forward to it. If he says he'll start at 7pm get in for 6.30, as he's likely to take to start early. As Fearon says, the RDS can struggle with a crowd and at his 2003 gig it was bedlam getting in, as you could hear him playing as thousands thried to get into the field area.

Busy weekend ahead, Bruce friday, tickets for Croker on Saturday plus Brewster park on Saturday. Can see Croker been given a swerve.

mc_grens

As much as I love the man I'd prefer 2.5 to 3.5 hrs. I gotta get up to fly to Cardiff on Saturday morning at some un-godly hour. And that'll be a hell of a days boozing. Gota be fully match fit!

Fishbat

Quote from: J70 on May 19, 2008, 12:56:59 AM
Quote from: Fishbat on May 19, 2008, 12:44:48 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on May 19, 2008, 12:00:01 AM
Always wanted to go to one of his conerts. Isnt he well know to be one of the best live performers ever?

Same here, even if i have to go overseas, Will have to get to see them live.  They must be unreal - have brothers who saw him in Slane in the early 80's, they reckoned he was the dogs bollix even then, and from what i see they have got better with time.  Was talking to girl who went to the Rising tour when she was only 17 seems they are still appealing to all the ages.

Wonder where they are in october this year?

There are rumours doing the rounds of additional US dates in the autumn.

These are rumours, not confirmed dates, so don't book any trips to the US yet!

Aug 30 Roadhouse at the Lakefront, Milwaukee, WI
Sept 2 Allstate Arena, Rosemont, IL
Sept 4 Crisler Arena, Ann Arbor, MI
Sept 6 Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Sept 7 Wachovia Arena at Casey Plaza, Wilkes-Barre, PA
Sept 9 Sovereign Bank Arena, Trenton, NJ
Sept 12 DCU Center, Worcester, MA
Sept 13 Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT
Sept 17-18, 21, 24-25 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Sept 27 Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ
Sept 29 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, MD
Oct 1 Colonial Center, Columbia, SC
Oct 4 New Orleans Arena, New Orleans, LA
Oct 5 Frank Erwin Center, Austin, TX
Oct 7 AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX
Oct 8 Ford Center, Oklahoma City, OK
Oct 11 Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO
Oct 13 Pepsi Arena, Denver, CO
Oct 16 Jobing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ
Oct 19 MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas, NV
Oct 22 Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View, CA
Oct 26, 28 Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA
Oct 31 Los Angeles Sports Arena, Los Angeles, CA

He is also doing a few shows at Giants Stadium at the end of July, although I think an indoor arena setting makes for a far better show.

If I were you, I'd try the touts this week at the RDS. It should be easy enough to get tickets with the number of shows he's playing. I also heard that Ticketmaster Ireland had made the last tickets available over the past few days, so try them, and keep an eye on the website.

Cheers, am not in town at the minute so no chance for the RDS.

NJ would be a cracker, must keep an eye out to see whats coming up  - i'm sure october won't be the end of the tour

J70

If you're thinking the NY/NJ area, I would try and go for the Garden. The Trenton show is the only one in the vicinity of Philadelphia (for the moment, although Wilkes Barre is reasonably close) and he is hugely popular in Philly.

Fishbat

Quote from: J70 on May 20, 2008, 12:00:57 AM
If you're thinking the NY/NJ area, I would try and go for the Garden. The Trenton show is the only one in the vicinity of Philadelphia (for the moment, although Wilkes Barre is reasonably close) and he is hugely popular in Philly.

Aye i know - have some family in Philly, so it would be cheap flights, tickets and stout vouchers only!

Mack the finger

Short notice I know, but I'm going to the RDS on Thursday night for my first Springsteen show, and have little knowledge of the man - I own 'Born in the USA' and 'Nebraska' and am aware of a couple of other tunes.

What would ye recommend as a brief introduction to Bruce - just want to listen to something over the next few days that gives me a quick idea of what he's about.

MaroonAndWhite

Available to a good home....standing ticket for Sunday night for face value. One of the group backed out at last minute so drop me a private mail if ur interested....

Mack......given the amount of albums the great man has, you might be better off getting a "best of" cd or "darkness on the edge of town". Enjoy Thursday, id asay we're in for a treat

belleaqua

Really cant wait for thursday night...the best live act in the world and the fact that its the first night of the new european tour will only enhance it. hope the crowd is a genuine Bruce one and is engaged in the atmosphere rather than coming to see a show. Lookin forward to Badlands, Born to Run and Because the Night. Hopin for Lost in the Flood and Backstreets or maybe just all of Darkness!

Mack the Finger, its hard to know what he'l play as its a new beginning but Maroon and White's advice is probably best as since the death of Danny Federici Bruce has returned to songs from Darkness and Born to Run. Along with Magic they should dominate the setlist

Any good water holes around the RDS? Im not familiar

glenullinabu

Quote from: Mack the finger on May 20, 2008, 06:27:07 PM
Short notice I know, but I'm going to the RDS on Thursday night for my first Springsteen show, and have little knowledge of the man - I own 'Born in the USA' and 'Nebraska' and am aware of a couple of other tunes.

What would ye recommend as a brief introduction to Bruce - just want to listen to something over the next few days that gives me a quick idea of what he's about.

the live album from 1975-1985 think theres 3 cds in it

umgolaarmagh

got a ticket for thursday  night if anyone wants it

just pm me

no charge

Maguire01

i'd get Magic as it's easy to get into and as it's the current album, he's likely to play a big chunk of it.

J70

The only thing he's been doing regularly off those two albums is Reason to Believe and Dancing in the Dark.

The tour has been heavy on early stuff, especially from Darkness and Born to Run, and recent stuff, obviously Magic, as well as one or two from The Rising. He always ends with American Land, the Pogues-like tune from the Seeger Sessions tour.

Typical setlist...

Night
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason to Believe
Candy's Room
Prove It All Night
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
The Promised Land