New IFA Premier League

Started by Feckitt, May 16, 2008, 01:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 24, 2009, 10:14:52 PM
Quote from: ifa fan on June 24, 2009, 10:10:00 PM
Glens to face Rangers in friendly  

Alan McDonald's side will face SPL champions Rangers

League champions Glentoran have become the second Irish League club to arrange a pre-season friendly against a Rangers XI this summer.

The Glens will host the high profile match at The Oval on Sunday 2 August, with a 1500 BST kick-off time.

Portadown will play the SPL champions three days earlier, on Thursday 30 July, at Shamrock Park.

Rangers will bring a fringe squad to Northern Ireland for the games, with first team regulars on duty in Germany.

Can you expect a heavy DUP and bible bashing idots with placards outside the ground

A Rangers 11 Lol because that other 11 got played off the park at the Emirates yesterday!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

fred the red

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 03, 2009, 12:22:54 PM

League champions Glentoran have become the second Irish League club to arrange a pre-season friendly against a Rangers XI this summer.

The Glens will host the high profile match at The Oval on Sunday 2 August, with a 1500 BST kick-off time.

Portadown will play the SPL champions three days earlier, on Thursday 30 July, at Shamrock Park.

Rangers will bring a fringe squad to Northern Ireland for the games, with first team regulars on duty in Germany.

Can you expect a heavy DUP and bible bashing idots with placards outside the ground

A Rangers 11 Lol because that other 11 got played off the park at the Emirates yesterday!

Good to see your team open its doors to the SPL champions anyway Pat!!

about the only champions which the Emirates will see for a while ;)

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: fred the red on August 03, 2009, 12:30:24 PM

Why UTD not playing at the emirates this yr?
lol
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

fred the red

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 03, 2009, 12:36:58 PM
Quote from: fred the red on August 03, 2009, 12:30:24 PM

Why UTD not playing at the emirates this yr?
lol

No, its next year, 2010  ;)

stiffler

Glentoran player attacked by fan 

Glentoran forward Gary Hamilton was attacked by a Portadown supporter at the end of the Carling Premiership match at Shamrock Park.

Hamilton, a former Portadown player, had just scored a late winning goal.

The fan came on and attempted to punch Hamilton before being grabbed by stewards and hauled to the ground.

Glentoran fans broke down a gate to get on to the pitch and Glens boss Alan McDonald and some players helped usher them away and calm things down.

A 17-year-old youth has been charged with disorderly behaviour and will appear at Craigavon Youth Court on Tuesday.

Police and Portadown officials have been examining CCTV footage.

Glens boss McDonald said there had been concerns about the strength of the security measures ahead of the match.

"It is bad when a Portadown supporter can get on and attack Gary Hamilton," he said.

"Hopefully lessons will be learned because there will be further high profile matches down here.

"It is sad for the game. Our fans would not have reacted the way they did had they not seen Gary Hamilton being assaulted.

"I am angry and disappointed because I am a football man through and through and I do not like to see scenes like that."

Source: BBC
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: stiffler on August 16, 2009, 12:53:26 PM
Glentoran player attacked by fan 

Glentoran forward Gary Hamilton was attacked by a Portadown supporter at the end of the Carling Premiership match at Shamrock Park.

Hamilton, a former Portadown player, had just scored a late winning goal.

The fan came on and attempted to punch Hamilton before being grabbed by stewards and hauled to the ground.

Glentoran fans broke down a gate to get on to the pitch and Glens boss Alan McDonald and some players helped usher them away and calm things down.

A 17-year-old youth has been charged with disorderly behaviour and will appear at Craigavon Youth Court on Tuesday.

Police and Portadown officials have been examining CCTV footage.

Glens boss McDonald said there had been concerns about the strength of the security measures ahead of the match.

"It is bad when a Portadown supporter can get on and attack Gary Hamilton," he said.

"Hopefully lessons will be learned because there will be further high profile matches down here.

"It is sad for the game. Our fans would not have reacted the way they did had they not seen Gary Hamilton being assaulted.

"I am angry and disappointed because I am a football man through and through and I do not like to see scenes like that."

Source: BBC

What way did his fans react?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Norf Tyrone

They should've let the fan stay on, and have a pop at Hamilton. Then let Hamilton go toe to toe with him.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Leo

The local media gave this ultra low key treatment.
Now if that had happened at a GAA match ....
Fierce tame altogether

Chrisowc

Quote from: Leo on August 17, 2009, 01:36:05 PM
The local media gave this ultra low key treatment.
Now if that had happened at a GAA match ....

I would say wait until tonight's Newsline before making comment.  That is when the Irish league stuff gets most coverage.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Doogie Browser

Disgraceful scenes, Gary Hamilton and the Glentoran players deserve great credit for their efforts at stopping their scum bag supporters coming onto the pitch. 

T Fearon

Apparently there is no fence at the front f a new stand at Shamrock Park and a  (loose) stone pathway between it and the pitch, providing a ready made supply of ammunition for would be trouble makers.

Great to see Glens win all the same, and if they beat Linfield/IFA tomorrow night the league's as good as over ;D

Norf Tyrone

Well Tyronies, if Cork beat us the mora, we should all get the old Dungannon Swifts tops on. Played 4 won 4, and top of the league.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Orior

Far be it from me to wallow in the demise of the six county soccer league, but these results are pretty poor...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21660713
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

michaelg

Quote from: Orior on March 04, 2013, 09:25:28 PM
Far be it from me to wallow in the demise of the six county soccer league, but these results are pretty poor...

Glentoran fielded a weakened, second string team I believe, although the Blues would probably have been at full strength as the Setanta Cup is their only chance of a trophy this year.
Other six county teams didn't have great results either.

rodney trotter

Quote from: michaelg on March 04, 2013, 09:43:43 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 04, 2013, 09:25:28 PM

Glentoran fielded a weakened, second string team I believe, although the Blues would probably have been at full strength as the Setanta Cup is their only chance of a trophy this year.
Other six county teams didn't have great results either.

It looks worse for the Six County teams when the Airtricity League is still in pre season. League starting next weekend.