RIP Tommy Burns

Started by mhacadoir, May 15, 2008, 08:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Against the Breeze

RIP Tommy,  A true legend who will be sorely missed in Scottish football and beyond.  A passionate man you could never meet for both Celtic and Scotland.  Had privilege of meeting him on one occasion, very decent man who made time to talk to you.

RIP Tommy!

stephenite

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 15, 2008, 10:22:25 AM
Tommy has been fighting Cancer for a number of years now.

Goodbye Tommy, you were a great servant for God and for Celtic - you will be missed by one and all.

R.I.P

I'd like to add my condolences but am intrigued about the comment regarding his service to God? Was he in the Knights?

bennydorano

Opus Dei maybe?   Knew he was a very religious man.

Sad news, had heard a week or so ago that he wasn't going to do.

RIP

Yer Ma

Tommy Burns was a class act as a player and man - RIP

Longshanks

RIP to a great footballing man and a great person in general.

All the best to his family and friends.

The Watcher Pat

Had the pleasure of meeting him in the Lurgan Celtic Supporters Club about 11 years ago..

A real gentleman and a true Celtic Legend.

Legends Never Die...

R.I.P Tommy

p.s Big Phil will show you the ropes up there!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Rav67

By all accounts a true gent, was talking to his daughter in Barcelona a couple of months back at the last 16 CL game had no idea the cancer had come back at that stage.  A Celtic legend, RIP Tommy.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: stephenite on May 15, 2008, 11:28:28 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 15, 2008, 10:22:25 AM
Tommy has been fighting Cancer for a number of years now.

Goodbye Tommy, you were a great servant for God and for Celtic - you will be missed by one and all.

R.I.P

I'd like to add my condolences but am intrigued about the comment regarding his service to God? Was he in the Knights?

He was a deeply religious man, helped with Communion at his local Chapel. Meet him when he brought Celtic over for Peter Grants testimonial, they spent the Saturday in Gaoth Dobhair, on Sunday morning before they travelled to Dublin for thte match he arranged for the local PP (he was a massive Celtic fan as well) to come down to the hotel and say Mass for them.
As far as I know he was Opus Dei also.
Tbc....

lfdown2

RIP tommy, a true great celt and scot!!

ynwa

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Tommy Burns was genuinely one of the good guys. Really sad day for Celtic, Kilmarnock and Scottish football in general. RIP Tommy.

Our Nail Loney

Really shocked and saddened to hear this

True Celtic legend

RIP

magickingdom

very sorry to hear of his passing, RIP tommy

5 Sams

Met him once in the car park outside Celtic Park. There was a crowd of us and I have to say we ambushed him when we saw him. Best thing I can say about him was that he was an ordinary fella...no airs and graces...he would have stood and talked all day.

Very sad to hear that he's gone at such a young age.

RIP Tommy
The Aristocrat Years

Main Street

Here's a tribute from Aiden McGeady to Tommy

Doogie Browser

That is just great from young McGeady, well done Aiden a lovely touching and warm tribute.  Obvious the effect Tommy had on the youth at Celtic.