Granemore
0 (0%)
Killeavy
0 (0%)
Clan N G
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 21, 2008, 03:38:17 PM

Author Topic: ARMAGH FOOTBALL CLUBS  (Read 17419 times)

stpauls

• Need To Change My Username Somehow!!
    • View Profile
Re: ARMAGH FOOTBALL CLUBS
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 04:02:22 PM »
although i haven't played football in Armagh in about 10 years, when i was under age we used to hate playing against Cullyhanna, and Newtown were not our favourites either after a brawl at u-16, caused by a very biased home referee which eventually led into the stands carried on with the disgruntled parents getting involved with each other too.

apart from that, have no real experience of other teams so my vote would go to Culyhanna (as if it counts for much).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 04:04:13 PM by stpauls »

billy the kid

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 04:35:06 PM »
Cross and Cullyhanna making a move on Clanns

With Winsamsoon bringing up the rear. ;) :D ;D :o
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 06:20:47 PM »
whats the percentages there billy?

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 06:25:10 PM »
Clanns  26 (22.8%)
Dromintee  8 (7%)
Crossmaglen  16 (14%)
Pearse Ogs  11 (9.6%)
Armagh Harps  13 (11.4%)
Cullyhanna  17 (14.9%)
Ballymacnab  3 (2.6%)
Silverbridge  12 (10.5%)
Carrickcruppen  3 (2.6%)
Mullaghbawn  4 (3.5%)
Winsamsoon  1 (0.9%)

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 07:10:33 PM »
So you are saying that you should completely forget about the history of a club??? because bringing it up is arrogant??? You are also saying that the clans being successful albeit years aga has nothing whatsoever to do with certain people disliking them?? As far as i can see there is only one person deluding themselves.

I can admit that we are disliked and it is for a number of reasons, we have our slabbers on the line (as do other teams) we are at times arrogant (as are other teams ) and we have been successful in the past and are still the second most decorated club in the county> these are all facts. If i am telling lies then feel free to correct me. It is these facts that makes certain folk dislike the clans.

To say it is based on what people have to listen to alone is rubbish. I have listened to many a thing over the years from a lot of clubs and have never came away saying i dislike the club for it. The cross are the most successful team in the county and they also have there fair share of slabbers as BC has at least came out and admitted. I would never say i dislike them. We have a great rivalry with them but i would like to think i could sit down with any of them lads and have a bit of banter. I couldn't so this with someone i disliked. The GAA has lots of personalities, some are slabbers some are humerous and some are animals on the field. But every club has there fair share. To pin point one club and say they are alone on this is innaccurate to say the least.
No of course I don't think any club should forget about their history and there's nothing wrong with being proud of or talking about past glories but bringing them up at every opportunity comes across as arrogant and indeed a little sad.  You know what I think the problem is, you've given up the fight for the future.  You very rarely hear Cross talking about previous county championships, you hear them talking about  the good young players they have and how long they can hold their dominance for, it's the same for the likes of Kerry, they talk about what they can do in the future.  Clans are like Down, living on past glories because there's not much sign of future glory, it's a dangerous position to get into because you need to be looking to the future. 

I can't believe more don't like dromintee!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:19:07 PM by pintsofguinness »
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 08:28:46 PM »
You very rarely hear Cross talking about previous county championships, you hear them talking about  the good young players they have and how long they can hold their dominance for, it's the same for the likes of Kerry, they talk about what they can do in the future.

Is that nearly a compliment?  I nearly choked on my coffee when I read it  :D

pintsofguinness

• C'mon the 'Bridge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »
Don't be that shocked, I voted for yous  ;)

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 08:59:04 PM »
I don't hate any club. I'll leave that to the more bitter and small minded among us but I'll vote for Silverbridge and Cross in a "don't like and love to beat" sort of a manner.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 09:36:52 PM »
Big words before Friday night TAC!  I actually voted for Mullaghbawn, hate the feckers and all involve in the club, shower of inbred fecker :P

TacadoirArdMhacha

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 09:47:30 PM »
Big words before Friday night TAC!  I actually voted for Mullaghbawn, hate the feckers and all involve in the club, shower of inbred fecker

Don't worry BC, I'm well aware that we are in a queue to be Cross' most hated side but sure we can only aspire to greater things! Obviously on Friday I'll be happy if we keep it to within 6 or 7 points so as not to demoralise our lads too much with the rest of the season to come.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 10:33:56 PM »
Big words before Friday night TAC!  I actually voted for Mullaghbawn, hate the feckers and all involve in the club, shower of inbred fecker

Don't worry BC, I'm well aware that we are in a queue to be Cross' most hated side but sure we can only aspire to greater things! Obviously on Friday I'll be happy if we keep it to within 6 or 7 points so as not to demoralise our lads too much with the rest of the season to come.

Do you know something Tac, there would be no side that Cross hate, to be honest that would take too much unnecessary effort so we would leave that to others.  And lets face it why should we feel th eneed to hate anyone, pity yes, hate no :P

billy the kid

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2008, 09:41:46 AM »
cross looking like only side capable of catching  Clanns at this stage but its early yet.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

stpauls

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2008, 10:58:27 AM »
Big words before Friday night TAC!  I actually voted for Mullaghbawn, hate the feckers and all involve in the club, shower of inbred fecker :P

hey, no need for that!  :(

again, i don't hate any one as i don't play in Armagh any more, but Cullyhanna would have been the ones I disliked the most when playing at underage.

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2008, 11:08:07 AM »

again, i don't hate any one as i don't play in Armagh any more, but Cullyhanna would have been the ones I disliked the most when playing at underage.

Obviously the deliberate irony of my comment flying over your head today stpauls.  You've been away too long!

stpauls

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2008, 11:23:53 AM »

Obviously the deliberate irony of my comment flying over your head today stpauls.  You've been away too long!

i obviously have, though it is friday, and the brain is shutting down already, i should have remembered you have family in Mullaghbawn!!  ;D