Ray Cosgrove retires.

Started by Sky Blue, May 14, 2008, 10:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

because most of the media reside in dublin mattock, you won't have to read to far into media theories to get your answer to that.

best of luck ray tremendous natural talent - that carr wasn't bright enough to exploit. thankfull lyons was and he had very good 2002 and 2003 seasons but wasn't as consistent after that. he's just another player who's left the panel due to differences with caffrey(he ain't the first). he realised he was down the pecking order and being put on and taken off when the whole team were playing shite in navan, well i wouldn't have been happy with that so his departure was inevitable.

heffo

Quote from: mattockranger on May 14, 2008, 01:41:49 PM
simple enough questiion............
why is there such furore when dublin enter and especially when they exit the championship??

I've already answered this in my post above.

The majority of GAA writers are from outside Dublin and have a great dislike for Dublin football - I've met most of them.

Building Dublin up generates paper sales and tv ratings - look at the amount of replies on Dublin threads on this board in general - it's symptomatic of the general obsession/dislike that every other county has of Dublin.

making sweeping generalisations about Dublin fans, makes you look ever more foolish than you appear.

his holiness nb

are you seriously saying you've never heard that generalisation THAT takes the biscuit

100% serious, and I even gave you the opportunity to back your claim up, but I've yet to see one single quote.

simple enough questiion............
why is there such furore when dublin enter and especially when they exit the championship??

Ooh thats a tough one, lets see.
Maybe its because around a quarter of the entire country lives in Dublin?

Maybe its because the media is based in Dublin?

But non these suggestions are way too far fetched, the real reason is because Mattock Ranger thinks he can presume to think what the general Dublin fan is thinking, despite them never saying it  ;)

you really got us there  :D

Ask me holy bollix

mattockranger

obviously i'm not alone!

Others have heard this 'sweeping' generalisation also!!!
strange for second there i thought i was in a world of my own
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

heffo

Quote from: mattockranger on May 14, 2008, 02:32:24 PM
Others have heard this 'sweeping' generalisation also!!!

Who are these 'others' you speak of?

mattockranger

in the poll

maybe you yourself are not biased towards dublins all-ireland credentials but majority or dubs do believe the hype

Louth Exile

Quote from: heffo on May 14, 2008, 02:39:15 PM
Who are these 'others' you speak of?

Do you not watch Lost heffo, they are the crowd from the other side of the Island, you know the ones, Ben is their leader!  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

billy the kid

I am Spartacus!

Have to say i often get that impression when talking to Dubs about football, but there are also many a Dub who realise the limitations of their team and the overhype that is created around them.

Dubs are like all football fans they want their team to win an all ireland, and like all fans of the teams in the top 8-10 in the country they believe they can.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

ludermor

some of best friends are dubs.....

only joking, are ya mad!

his holiness nb

Whatever about Mattocks other threads about Dublin fans,  Its sad that he has managed to turn a thread about a players retirement into another slagging match.

Thats just bad manners.

Best of luck Ray, thanks for 2002!
Ask me holy bollix

mattockranger

i think you'll find heffo started this innuedo

I tried to dig a little under the surface for ray's withdrawal...

heffo

Quote from: mattockranger on May 14, 2008, 03:26:44 PM
i think you'll find heffo started this innuedo

Indeed it was me who started this innuendo - it was me who posted this wasn't it - "John Grisham could write a series of books on the Enigma that is dublin football.........i think he's been drafted on to the panel to build up a charter reference"

mattockranger

childish heffo...

you can have a smart answer when i try to bring up a genuine query and insight to the dublin set-up but i reply with one you have a dig at louth football

nrico2006

QuoteAverage footballers don't score 6-23 in one season at the highest level.

How much of that was from play?  I'm sure Mossy Quinn has scored something somilar recently and he is hardly anything but average too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

heffo

Quote from: mattockranger on May 14, 2008, 03:48:13 PM
childish heffo...

you can have a smart answer when i try to bring up a genuine query and insight to the dublin set-up but i reply with one you have a dig at louth football

Genuine query my hole.