2008 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.....MANCHESTER UNITED v CHELSEA

Started by Shrewdness, May 13, 2008, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

I honestly wouldnt have Giggs or Park on, but we can be sure Giggs will make an appearance if not starting.

Ronaldo has to start performing against the big teams. I think he can rightfully claim to be the best in the world if he has a stormer in final. But if he flops again against a big team it will prove he hasnt the stomach for a battle.

Hope Fergie doesnt go with this safety first bullsh1t again

new devil

I agree fullback i would start with nani before either off them two...but we no thats not going to happen

My team                                        VDS

HARGREAVES                  RIO                  VIDIC                     EVRA

RONALDO             SCHOLES          ANDERSON           NANI

ROONEY            TEVEZ

FERGIES TEAM

VDS

BROWN                       RIO                    VIDIC                    EVRA

CARRICK           SCHOLES                PARK                   GIGGS

RONALDO

ROONEY

Farrandeelin

Shrewdness, the match seems like ages away for me. I've 2 huge exams beforehand. :-\
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gawa316

Quote from: full back on May 17, 2008, 04:33:17 PM
I honestly wouldnt have Giggs or Park on, but we can be sure Giggs will make an appearance if not starting.

Ronaldo has to start performing against the big teams. I think he can rightfully claim to be the best in the world if he has a stormer in final. But if he flops again against a big team it will prove he hasnt the stomach for a battle.

So if he plays well he's the best in the world and if he doesn't he's not.... ???

full back

Quote from: gawa316 on May 17, 2008, 09:01:07 PM

So if he plays well he's the best in the world and if he doesn't he's not.... ???

I have never claimed he was the best in the world....he is a superb player, but for me he still has to prove himself against the top teams in order the be called the best player in the world. Too often he has went missing when the big games come around

gawa316

Quote from: full back on May 17, 2008, 09:17:56 PM
I think he can rightfully claim to be the best in the world if he has a stormer in final. But if he flops again against a big team it will prove he hasnt the stomach for a battle.

I have never claimed he was the best in the world

So one performance will make him the best in the world...dead on :o :o

full back

Quote from: gawa316 on May 17, 2008, 09:28:25 PM
Quote from: full back on May 17, 2008, 09:17:56 PM
I think he can rightfully claim to be the best in the world if he has a stormer in final. But if he flops again against a big team it will prove he hasnt the stomach for a battle.

I have never claimed he was the best in the world

So one performance will make him the best in the world...dead on :o :o

FFS, when he does it on the big stage he will prove he has what it takes ::)

gawa316

Quote from: full back on May 17, 2008, 09:31:32 PM
FFS, when he does it on the big stage he will prove he has what it takes ::)
[/quote

Yeah but one game isn't enough. He needs to do it on a consistant big game basis which he has failed to do. Just because he potentially plays well in a final doesn't mean shit. For f**k sake Traore had a blinded in '05 ???

Shrewdness

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 17, 2008, 05:39:56 PM
Shrewdness, the match seems like ages away for me. I've 2 huge exams beforehand. :-\

Good luck this week Farrandeelin, hope you get the required result.......oh, and i hope your exams go well too ;D

full back

I see Rooney in the paper slagging off Drogba.
Hope the diving cnut doesnt do what he did to rafa

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on May 19, 2008, 06:12:36 PM

How ironic a United fan calling another teams player a diving ****  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 19, 2008, 06:30:19 PM

No-one in the world compares to Drogba when it comes to diving, except maybe stevie g  ;)

turf123

VDS

BROWN                    FERDINAND                          VIDIC                              EVRA

PARK                       CARRICK                              SCHOLES                           NANI

RONALDO

ROONEY

i think this is team fergie will play. anderson-although i rate him highly is a bit too inexperienced for a central role. carrick is solid enough, though i think hargreaves can do a better job. nani can cause problems on the wing and park is a workhorse. giggs, tevez and anderson should make an apperance and maybe hargreaves depending on how things go.

ExiledGael

Quote from: turf123 on May 19, 2008, 06:55:13 PM

VDS

BROWN                    FERDINAND                          VIDIC                              EVRA

PARK                       CARRICK                              SCHOLES                           NANI

RONALDO

ROONEY

i think this is team fergie will play. anderson-although i rate him highly is a bit too inexperienced for a central role. carrick is solid enough, though i think hargreaves can do a better job. nani can cause problems on the wing and park is a workhorse. giggs, tevez and anderson should make an apperance and maybe hargreaves depending on how things go.

Looks about right, but I can see him starting Tevez instead of Nani. Going to be someone very unfortunate from the squad not to even make the bench. O'Shea/Fletcher/Hargreaves/Saha, maybe even two of them.

new devil

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 19, 2008, 06:30:19 PM

More anti united shit talk LL....i think your more anti united than a liverpool fan